Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motor Help Needed

Options
  • 28-05-2019 11:45pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hope the mods don't mind me asking this in here as its not strictly related to rc / models etc. Well it kind of is.
    Im looking to source a motor for one of my tattoo machines that packed up on me the weekend and it looks like a motor from a model car / heli / plane.

Maybe someone here can help as Im finding it hard to locate one.

Its a dc motor 6-15 volts dc around 10 watts is fine but higher isn't really an issue.
    The diameter is 22mm and the length is 32mm.
    I could probably get away with a shorter motor but maybe not a narrower diameter.I could probably build it up with tape if needs be though.

Closest I can find is this one here but the rpms on it are huge--Max Id need is around 10,000 - 12,000 rpm.
    https://www.componentshop.co.uk/lba2030-18t-5160kv-leopard-inrunner-brushless-motor-2-pole.html

Id appreciate any help with this one.
    Thanks.

Comments

Browsing for tools in Marks Model Hawkins Street 'Bricks & Mortar' shop, I came across electric motors on sale, to the wall on the right of the shop counter. Why not ask the nice man behind the counter about a suitable motor for your machine :)

Advertisement