Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Quantum 70 - Alarm Triggered

Options
  • 07-02-2019 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

Hello All,
    My HKC Quantum 70 alarm was triggered last night. According to the HKC App - Log - it was triggered by "GSM Jam flt".
    Anybody knows what it means?

I was able to switch on the alarm again afterwards and it was fine.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,643 ✭✭✭✭altor

mortimer33 wrote: »
    Hello All,
    My HKC Quantum 70 alarm was triggered last night. According to the HKC App - Log - it was triggered by "GSM Jam flt".
    Anybody knows what it means?

I was able to switch on the alarm again afterwards and it was fine.

The GSM can pick up on a higher frequency trying to interfere with the signal.
    If it does it will flag the fault on the alarm so you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 washburn73

altor wrote: »
    The GSM can pick up on a higher frequency trying to interfere with the signal.
    If it does it will flag the fault on the alarm so you know.

I've had a similar experience with my HKC alarm. What would cause the signal interference? Would this always be a deliberate action or could it somehow happen accidentally? What benefit would the interference be if the alarm was set (i.e. I'm assuming that the alarm would still be activated, but the monitoring alert would be blocked)?

Thanks for any advice.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,031 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Happened me during one of the nights last week also, except mine said GSM Line fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭mortimer33

washburn73 wrote: »
    I've had a similar experience with my HKC alarm. What would cause the signal interference? Would this always be a deliberate action or could it somehow happen accidentally? What benefit would the interference be if the alarm was set (i.e. I'm assuming that the alarm would still be activated, but the monitoring alert would be blocked)?

Thanks for any advice.

Just spotted that you replied to my old post. Coincidentally my alarm was triggered again with a similar message on the same day that you posted.

I didn't find out the cause.

Advertisement