Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Livestock/General Farming photo thread TAKE #2 ::::RULES IN 1st POST::::

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

limo_100 wrote: »
    is it carrigallen that your going to?? It wont be long till someone gets 2grand for a weanling in it. it must the best mart in the midlands for weanlings at the minute. I sold a blue heifer last week in balladuff 525kg 1265 she was a june 14

Yea it's the show sale tomorrow so it will be jammed. I seen some very good prices last year at the same sale. Ill try and make note of a range of prices and weights for the mart price thread.
    The blue I'm bringing is only over 10 months, born late last Nov. Don't think I was ever in Ballyduff except walking around in the factory.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭tanko

What Bulls are those calves off Kovu?

tanko wrote: »
    What Bulls are those calves off Kovu?

FGG for the twins, YHM for the other heifer. The blue is WTB.

The last pic with the white heifer has a PB ERE bull on the left in the background and a RSW blue heifers arse on the right.

Kovu wrote: »
    FGG for the twins, YHM for the other heifer. The blue is WTB.

The last pic with the white heifer has a PB ERE bull on the left in the background and a RSW blue heifers arse on the right.

Good luck with them. The ERE calf is a fine animal, what's the plan for him?

Good luck with them. The ERE calf is a fine animal, what's the plan for him?

I'll be training him this winter and he'll be tried on a cow or two next year for fertility before being sold. Him and the RSW blue share cows, they both suck both cows and the dams don't seem to give a shit, seems to be working well for them! Him, that blue and the whitehead in the background of the first photo were all born within a day of each other.

• Advertisement

It that who I think it is? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,159 ✭✭✭✭Base price

BA?

It that who I think it is? :D

Yeah, that's two months ago.

Yeah, that's two months ago.

Tell her I miss her! Pity the mother had the twins this year but she didn't do a bad job on them to be fair to her.

• Advertisement

Base price wrote: »
    BA?

Ch x Lim I think.

Tell her I miss her! Pity the mother had the twins this year but she didn't do a bad job on them to be fair to her.

Ok, I'll do it when no one is watching in case anyone thinks I've lost the plot talking to cows:pac:

Ok, I'll do it when no one is watching in case anyone thinks I've lost the plot talking to cows:pac:

Have you put her incalf yet?

Ah sure we all talk to cows.....don't we....? I usually keep up a running commentary walking through them. One kept following me round the field today with her head up in the air looking to get her neck scratched.

No, not in calf yet. Hope to get that sorted soon. Put the Saler RIO on all the heifers this year so far.

No, not in calf yet. Hope to get that sorted soon. Put the Saler RIO on all the heifers this year so far.

Not a bad choice, nice easy calving for them. Used THZ here.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,767 ✭✭✭893bet

893bet wrote: »
    Two bbx and 1 Lmx! 10 months old and getting close to the door!

These 3 lads went last week to the mart! Got on very well!

From left to right

LMx weight 450, sold 1090
    Lmx weight 525 sold 1330
    Bbx weight 485 sold 1350

The two heavier Bulls are from 2 and 3 star cows.....

The bull maybe 325kg, twin hf 300kg, other hf about 260kg and the blue is about 440kg. How wrong shall I be :P:D

I was a bit out :P

Twin heifer was 320kg, €935.
    Twin bull was 350kg, €960
    White heifer was 290kg €835.
    Blue was 410kg, unsold at €1100. Auctioneer pissed me off with her, put her on the market before I said to and was about to slam the hammer down at a thousand before I yelled at him.

I didn't bite Farrell either Reggie, are you proud of me? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Midlandsman80

What Mart was that?
    have an E grade Jan 28th weanling bull, KJB lim out of BbxSim heifer and the weight tape tells me he is 460-495kg and I'd say close to top of that range. Trying to pick a good sale for him

What Mart was that?
    have an E grade Jan 28th weanling bull, KJB lim out of BbxSim heifer and the weight tape tells me he is 460-495kg and I'd say close to top of that range. Trying to pick a good sale for him

Carrigallen, I've a load of prices for the mart price thread, I'll just put them in now. The lighter the better there today. Madness.

• Advertisement

Thriving well enough considering he is sharing his milk with a twin.

gViGl3il.jpg?2
    image.png

Half sister of this lady. Their Mammy likes to breed the arses into them it seems!

KJB heifer, born late March with no meal as she's a replacement. V quiet too.
    paf7XoUl.jpg?1

And Odd-Ear my bootiful blonde baby, she's due in the next few days.
    UtpDP9al.jpg?1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Mad4simmental

What's the blonde by kovu?

What's the blonde by kovu?

KCE, off a Pb Lm by Navarin. She got her name because some idiotic girleen tagged her backwards in one ear :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭Miname

Easy calving shorthorn my a*se. I near bent the jack on him, I even considered tying the tractor to him. That last bits a joke before the righteous start preaching.

What's he off Miname? Serious lump for a SH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭Miname

What's he off Miname? Serious lump for a SH.

Dovea sir James. Massive lump only pity it's got nuts. I've another five calving in January to bressie.i hope they aren't the same pull.

Had to jack a big HCA heifer calf out of an OZS heifer this morning, not a big pull, getting the head out was the hardest part. She carried 296 days which didn't help but her being too fat was the main problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭limo_100

Had to jack a big HCA heifer calf out of an OZS heifer this morning, not a big pull, getting the head out was the hardest part. She carried 296 days which didn't help but her being too fat was the main problem.

we jacked a big GWO bull from a OZS heifer last night as well how did yours bag up??

• Advertisement

limo_100 wrote: »
    we jacked a big GWO bull from a OZS heifer last night as well how did yours bag up??

She has a decent bag of milk, she is off a cow that had lots of milk tho. I'll try and get a pic.
    You're a brave man putting a Vantastic son like GWO on heifers, is the heifer ok?

Advertisement