Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is their room in the market for another late bar/music venue in Dungarvan?

Options
  • 22-03-2019 5:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭

I know we have Merry’s, The Local and The Anchor for live music, but I think Dungarvan could do with a live music bar for full bands - rock bands etc. I personally feel it’d be a nice alternative. I remember The Anchor (I think it was) used to have live bands in the summer, not sure if they still have, but I feel we could do with somewhere catering to that all year round.
    It could have a function room upstairs for DJ collective, comedy, alternative music events, whatever.
    I’m not involved in the industry so I know little about the real potential of such an establishment here - just a thought

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭FGR

It would be nice to have more options for live music - in particular somewhere that you could get a seat.

My days of standing in a packed pub are long gone. :pac:

It's probably a prime option for Murphy's/Davitts; if the doors ever re-open.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭radioguru02

FGR wrote: »
    It would be nice to have more options for live music - in particular somewhere that you could get a seat.

My days of standing in a packed pub are long gone. :pac:

It's probably a prime option for Murphy's/Davitts; if the doors ever re-open.

It would be an ideal spot, but O’brien (Minnie’s/Creation) has it now and I believe he has other plans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Stopitwillya

Would love to open a late bar out in kilgobnet.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Would love to open a late bar out in kilgobnet.

Another one?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭radioguru02

Another one?

Kilgobnet...nice and central, sure ya know yourself

• Advertisement
Advertisement