Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Div 2 Heidenfeld Trophy 2014 - 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭flipsake

Inchicore A 4-4 Rathmines A
    Final result: Celbridge 5-3 Inchicore B

Lucan 3-5 Malahide

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,164 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1m1tless

Curragh 5.5 Rathmines B 2.5

Celbridge 3 - 5 Inchicore A
    The recovery has begun:-)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,149 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

Wow. What's happened Celbridge?

• Advertisement

I'm sure they will bounce back and start whipping everyone as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭mikhail

cdeb wrote: »
    Wow. What's happened Celbridge?
    My guess is they can't handle another season propping up the Armstrong table. ;)

St Benildus 4½-1½ Lucan, with the final two boards next week.

Malahide 5 Phibsboro 3
    Getting bunched at the top.
    Tomorrow should reveal a bit more.

Curragh 5 Rathmines A 3

• Advertisement

Inchicore B 2 Drogheda 5
    with one game to be played Thursday

St Benildus 6 - 2 Lucan

So us and Curragh two points clear I think

Inchicore A 3.5 - 4.5 Curragh

Both taking lots of points off each other. Hopefully Celbridge and Drogheda did the same. :)

Speaking of Drogheda, how did the last game against Inchicore B go?

LCU site already updated on that match. Drogheda won it 4-3! Deducted a point for a player not showing up.

We were very happy with yesterday's narrow defeat to the Curragh considering we were missing our top 2 boards. It was a case of damage limitation really.

Phibsboro 2-5 St Benildus with one game to go.

Quite happy from our side - I think we went through 27 players before filling the team!

I make it we're now top of three separate divisions...until Saturday evening at least

Rathmines B 3½-4½ Malahide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Irish Warrior

Lucan 3.5 - 3.5 Inchicore B, with one game to be played.

Any result from Celbridge v Drogheda to finish the round so?
    [B]	Team	        MP	Pts[/B]
    1	St Benildus	3.875	21 1/2
    2	Curragh	        4	21    
    3	Malahide	4	19    
    4	Inchicore A	4	16    
    5	Inchicore B	3.875	14    
    6	Rathmines A	3	11    
    7	Drogheda	3	10 1/2
    7	Celbridge	3	10 1/2
    9	Rathmines B	3	10    
    10	Lucan	        2.875	8 1/2
    11	Phibsboro	2.875	7

• Registered Users Posts: 11 kildaremark

How can St Benildus v Phibsboro and Lucan v Inchicore B still have one game remaining in their matches considering the matches was scheduled for last week.

It was my understanding and that of any other captains that I have dealt with this is a breach of the League rules?

Rule 7.7 Subject to agreement between the respective captains, games may be played in advance of the scheduled date. If a team wishes to postpone games in a match, the approval of the divisional controller must be obtained in advance, which approval shall only be given in extenuating circumstances.

They are also in breach of rule 8.1 for not returning the full result within four days of the scheduled match.

Presumably the remaining games will not count towards the team score in the League?

Mark

• Advertisement

Don't really see the need for the aggro to be honest.

The rule you've quoted says games are allowed to be postponed. Lucan asked for - and were granted - two postponements against us in the last round; we were happy to help out (partly because it meant one of our players could play who otherwise couldn't)

In this instance, one of Phibsboro's players had an issue with a leaking roof brought about because of the torrential rain and couldn't play. Phibsboro rang asking for a postponement, and as one of our players had been actually looking to move his game anyway due to a very short notice change in work schedule, we were happy to help out.

Your reading of rule 8.1 is curious. Three days, not four, is the cut off, and the word "full" isn't mentioned anywhere. There is no breach.

Both sides are perfectly within the rules and the final game will of course count. And rules aside, clubs helping each other out should be encouraged, not derided.

We all help each other all the time in rearranging games but I still thought the published date is the last date the match can be played. A rule is a rule.

Mark

And yet the rule you've quoted shows that games can be moved beyond the date given extenuating circumstances.

So both teams have stuck with the rules.

Still not sure what the problem is here?

When these rules were introduced a few years ago, we were at a point where teams had been blatantly breaching the rules. The league tables could not be updated and in particular, late in the season, we were going into the last rounds with adjourned games from teams who were waiting to see the outcome of other matches.

It is not a problem at this time of the year but the rules were being adhered to since they were introduced and there were no extenuating circumstances occurring. I hasten to add, I am not suggesting there is anything untoward going on at present, but if it is not checked at this stage of the season, then some teams may start taking liberties at the business end of the season especially in tight divisions where teams are close.

Mark

Drogheda 2 Celbridge 6

Ah-ha.

Finally, Celbridge kick into gear.

Looks like St. Benildus have broken the 150 point rule if the result v Phibsboro is correct with Boards 1 and 3 greater than 150 points in the difference.

We could all do with Celbridge getting into form!

Mark

The scorecard shown is wrong. Ciaran Mahon was our board 1, not Eddie Gahan.

Round 5
    Drogheda 2.5 - 5.5 Inchicore A

• Advertisement

Phibsboro 2 - 6 St Benildus

Advertisement