Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 196: McGregor v Diaz

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Its not Nates style but If I was to chose a winning game plan for him it would be get Conor against the cage to work a takedown,as I said its not his game but it would be a possible tactic to slow Conor down and get some grappling exchanges going,he will stand and trade no doubt though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

theteal wrote: »
    There is a BT sport app. I use it quite a bit. Whether it works outside the UK though, I cannot confirm

It doesn't I've tried.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Just as a heads up, Setanta is €14.99 for the first month until midnight thursday, worth picking up for the news few weeks of fights and other sports alone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

McBedded ep 1

• Registered Users Posts: 45,278 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Diaz is getting under McGregors skin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,516 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Artem with the best line of the episode "Roy Nelson sent over his diet" :pac: That steak looked unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

McGregor Vs Diaz matchup analysis.

http://imgur.com/a/5wgFz

"Strikes absorbed per round:
    McGregor 15.1
    Diaz 16.1"

This is the stand out stat. Didn’t realise McGregor takes so many hits. One thing taking a hit from a flyweight – its different ball game taking a hit from a welterweight. Plus McGregor is used to knocking out smaller guys so it should be interesting to see how his power stands up to someone who has been around the UFC a lot longer and can absorb so many strikes

Inside The Octagon ep 2 - McGregor vs Diaz

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

• Registered Users Posts: 23,839 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

conor ko round two
    he'll take it easy on nate for the first round

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,430 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

UFC Twitter page had a good poll yesterday, what will happen first, the Stockton Slap or the Celtic Cross. I'm really interested to see how Conor will react to getting a slap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

Think it will be over in one round 3. 50 seconds conor will tko him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,312 ✭✭✭xtal191

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

• Registered Users Posts: 39,088 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

GiftofGab wrote: »
    McGregor Vs Diaz matchup analysis.

http://imgur.com/a/5wgFz

"Strikes absorbed per round:
    McGregor 15.1
    Diaz 16.1"

This is the stand out stat. Didn’t realise McGregor takes so many hits. One thing taking a hit from a flyweight – its different ball game taking a hit from a welterweight. Plus McGregor is used to knocking out smaller guys so it should be interesting to see how his power stands up to someone who has been around the UFC a lot longer and can absorb so many strikes

It's based on the fightmetric "strikes absorbed per minute" stat multiplied by 5. Because his average fight time is so short, it inflates some stats. For example, the single strike he took in 13 seconds verses Aldo, is equal to a rate of "23 strikes per round". The Brimage fight was prob higher.

Despite being under Mendes for two rounds, Mendes only landed an average 16 per round

His average strikes absorbed per fight is low at 16.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Deadst4r

Zero-Cool wrote: »

Artem out on the pull in his 'Sunday best'?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Jon Anik said on his podcast that he was so confident of McGregor winning, if Diaz wins he'll get "209" tattooed on his arm!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭cletus

shrewdness wrote: »
    Jon Anik said on his podcast that he was so confident of McGregor winning, if Diaz wins he'll get "209" tattooed on his arm!

Yep, and there was no way Holly Holm was going to beat Rousey. Sure she shouldn't even have been given the fight

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

Those odds are way too generous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

cletus wrote: »
    Yep, and there was no way Holly Holm was going to beat Rousey. Sure she shouldn't even have been given the fight

I'll have you know that most of the posters on here voted in a poll and had holly winning by ko

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Inventive User Name

Is there any legal way to watch the fight in full the morning after? I'm busy the following day & can't afford to be wrecked from being up all night!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Is there any legal way to watch the fight in full the morning after? I'm busy the following day & can't afford to be wrecked from being up all night!

Record it off BT or buy the ppv

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Den_M

Tigger wrote: »
    I'll have you know that most of the posters on here voted in a poll and had holly winning by ko

Weren't most of those votes after the fight had ended? I remember reading the thread before the fight and no one was vouching for Holly, afterwards it was full of people claiming it was always gonna go down the way it did etc. Afterism and revisionist mentality at its finest

I think Tigger was only messing :) that poll was gas.

How can you not like Nate :pac:

Anik said he would get a '209' tattoo if Nate wins. i.e he will never beat Conor.

Nate's reply....

John Anik should keep his bitchass opinion to his self #uwillsoonbeslaped 👋🼠https://t.co/HvFXOHWnGX https://t.co/VJcbQ2XYGX

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    How can you not like Nate :pac:

Anik said he would get a '209' tattoo if Nate wins. i.e he will never beat Conor.

Nate's reply....

John Anik should keep his bitchass opinion to his self #uwillsoonbeslaped 👋🼠https://t.co/HvFXOHWnGX https://t.co/VJcbQ2XYGX

He is a legend takes no **** and he genuinely will slap Anik now when he sees him I remember he started on Renato Laranja the comedian guy one day your man crapped his bags

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3m16ep_nate-diaz-altercation-with-renato-laranja-at-the-world-jiu-jitsu-expo_sport

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Cupcake at the open workouts! Where's the jaw hitting the floor emoji. What a body!

Advertisement