Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 196: McGregor v Diaz

Options
  • 26-02-2016 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭

Who's gonna win and how?

Who's gonna win and how? 634 votes

McGregor by KO
    0% 0 votes
    McGregor by Sub
    56% 359 votes
    McGregor by Points
    1% 12 votes
    Diaz by KO
    5% 35 votes
    Diaz by Sub
    6% 40 votes
    Diaz by Points
    29% 188 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Diaz, mounted triangle, 3rd round.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

McGregor by KO. Done inside of 2

• Registered Users Posts: 6,312 ✭✭✭xtal191

Easy night for Conor

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Mcgregor by points.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭VisibleGorilla

Hope Diaz but it will be McGregor.

Diaz will get hit too many times to not go down from the left.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

McGregor via KO.

A good matchup stylistically for Conor as Diaz will stand and trade but is a level below McGregor technique-wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Diddley Squat

Dont know much about UFC , but watched Nate Diaz yesterday in press conf and then watched him fight a guy called rory mc donald on youtube.
    Fporgive my ignorance , but this diaz guy sounds like he got an IQ of 40 and fights so slow with so many holes in his style.

Is this supposed to be a close match ?
    I guess the weight makes a big difference but very unusual to see somebody jump up 2 or 3 weights like that ............
    Best of luck to mc Gregor and I really hope he is a clean athlete.

Watched mc gregor fights before and he looked almost unrecognizable in the weigh ins. will be keen to see what he looks like come fight time

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

I'm waiting for the official thread (by PaullyD, complete with Picture and viewing details) before I vote. Just doesn't feel right otherwise!! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,047 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

McGregor KO Round 2 at the latest, I think it could come near the end of round 1

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

John_D80 wrote: »
    I'm waiting for the official thread (by PaullyD, complete with Picture and viewing details) before I vote. Just doesn't feel right otherwise!! :-)

Couldn't risk another injury with me creating the thread! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Is this a 3 rounder? Normally Mains are 5 but as it's a short notice fight for Nate i reckon it'll be a 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Elemonator

Participated in contact martial arts for a few years so I think I am qualified to offer an opinion. I think McGregor will win. Everyone tries to predict where he will be, but the thing is, he is unpredictable. When he talks of creating dead space, it is true. Having said that now, watching the pre-fight interviews, Diaz is better with the mind games than Connor's previous opponents. He claimed McGregor was on steroids and Connor didn't take too nicely to that statement. Nonetheless, my money is on Connor. Easy win for him. I know a professional cage fighter who is now retired and he agrees with me.

Just my 2c.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

This! I refuse to vote......Cmon Paully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

scudzilla wrote: »
    Is this a 3 rounder? Normally Mains are 5 but as it's a short notice fight for Nate i reckon it'll be a 3

Its the headlining fight of the night so it's a 5 rounder...no way it lasts that long tho

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Hazys wrote: »
    Its the headlining fight of the night so it's a 5 rounder...no way it lasts that long tho

i know that, but headlining fights have been 3 rounds when it's a short notice replacement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

scudzilla wrote: »
    i know that, but headlining fights have been 3 rounds when it's a short notice replacement

Didn't know there was headliners that went only 3 rounds, when was that?

Whether right or wrong, by having a 3 bout round for a short notice replacement, you are admitting that the quality of opponent and fight is not as good.

Didn't know there was headliners that went only 3 rounds, when was that?.

Most recent instance of this was Paddy Holohan vs Louis Smolka if memory serves correctly. Last minute bump up to main event, both fighters agreed to keep the contest at 3 rounds.

Didn't know there was headliners that went only 3 rounds, when was that?

Holohan v Smolka in Dublin jumps out at me.

Paully D wrote: »
    Couldn't risk another injury with me creating the thread! :pac:
    This! I refuse to vote......Cmon Paully.

Mods really need to step in here to be fair!! Nobody does event threads like Paully D.

:P

Most recent instance of this was Paddy Holohan vs Louis Smolka if memory serves correctly. Last minute bump up to main event, both fighters agreed to keep the contest at 3 rounds.
    Paully D wrote: »
    Holohan v Smolka in Dublin jumps out at me.

Great minds etc etc .........

• Advertisement

Elemonator wrote: »
    Participated in contact martial arts for a few years so I think I am qualified to offer an opinion. I think McGregor will win. Everyone tries to predict where he will be, but the thing is, he is unpredictable. When he talks of creating dead space, it is true. Having said that now, watching the pre-fight interviews, Diaz is better with the mind games than Connor's previous opponents. He claimed McGregor was on steroids and Connor didn't take too nicely to that statement. Nonetheless, my money is on Connor. Easy win for him. I know a professional cage fighter who is now retired and he agrees with me.

Just my 2c.

I genuinely don't know if this is a spoof post, or a genuine post! :D

Either way, well played sir!

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

For me Diaz just isn't an aggressive submission guy, he isn't gonna go after McG looking for a takedown.

Really think this is gonna be a 'highlight reel' fight for McG

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

State of this thread, spoiled by Paully's threads and opening posts lately..have come to expect better than this poor mans thread.

Conor 1st Round KO, think Diaz will try showboat and do a bit of head weaving and get smacked.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

McGregor - round 2 me thinks - My biggest question is whether or not I should stay up for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

PaullyD, give the people what they want!

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭NFH

Dear Moderators, please delete this thread and allow PaullyD to do things properly. I had no idea who's toes I was stepping on!

P.S. I would have expected a poll thread to be up right after the fight was announced ;)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,311 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

Paully! Paully! Paully!

Give the people what they want! Paully for Taoiseach!!

This is a tough one for me, I have always loved both Diaz brothers as fighters and were always my favourite fighters. Obviously Conor being Irish and also one of my favourite fighters as well, I just dont want to see either lose :( I am happy though to see Diaz finally get that good pay day.

In saying that I think Conor wins by TKO in the later rounds. Diaz has a good chin and it should last for a while, but I can't see his chin surviving 5 rounds with that left hook.

• Advertisement

Has it been confirmed as a 5 round fight?

Advertisement