Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

McGregor vs Aldo---December 12th **Main card 3am. Conor v Aldo approx 5am

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Deadst4r

Sweet.

Thanks for all the help!
    I'm going to keep a close eye on this thread for more info :)

• Registered Users Posts: 39,092 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Deadst4r wrote: »
    How easy was it for anyone who went to 189 to get tickets (first hand)???
    It was very easy. Fight club was a breeze. As was travel agents, etc.
    I know for certain that people bought tickets on the day, in the MGM, at face value after seeing the atmosphere post weigh-ins.

There just isn't the same rush for a vegas event as there is for Dublin/Toronto/Sydney/Glascow etc.
    shocksy wrote: »
    Some of those prices were pumped up by the UFC afterwards, the lowest price ticket for the Aldo Vs McGregor fight when they went onsale were $128 as far as I know.

The $128 didn't exist. The cheapest ticket the minute they went on sale was $244.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 juandrake

The buildup to this fight is going to be unbearable..

Yea it will be and this is a great match though, im also waiting for cm punk to fight i want to know if he's all talk :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Is Edgar going to be the reserve?

That don't formally establish reserves before hand.
    If Edgar is smart, he'll be in training just in case

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Got 228 dollors for Vegas and would again lover the height nothing obstructive, there small but you could see everything!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

Myself and the lads are thinking the seats costing around $500.

Anyone have experience with them?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,523 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

To have a realistic chance of getting tickets would I have to be a Fight club member ?

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭DK224

Saipanne wrote: »
    Myself and the lads are thinking the seats costing around $500.

Anyone have experience with them?

I bought tix for $534 (after Ticketmaster fees) for the July Vegas card and will hope to do so again in December. I was in section 5 around 15 rows up from the floor and was happy with the view. The arena is so well tiered though that there really isn't a bad seat in there!

Here's an idea of where I was seated

unnamed_Small.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

DK224 wrote: »
    I bought tix for $534 (after Ticketmaster fees) for the July Vegas card and will hope to do so again in December. I was in section 5 around 15 rows up from the floor and was happy with the view. The arena is so well tiered though that there really isn't a bad seat in there!

There honestly isn't, 16 of us travelled over for 189 and bought the $228 tickets and were dotted all over the arena and everyone said they had a good view, plus you can't help but find yourself looking up at the big screen above the octagon. Its just a habit, you're drawn to the big shiny thing!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭wylie

Still nothing from McGregor or Aldo?

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭ItsAnEasyGame

Thud wrote: »
    Vegas in December is off peak and not really the same as in the summer, was at a conference there years ago and it just not the same as when its hot and buzzing, no pool parties etc...

Average temp is 8 degrees
    http://www.holiday-weather.com/las_vegas/averages/december/

This makes me sad.

Its Vegas doh we will find plenty to do.

DK224 wrote: »

Here's an idea of where I was seated

This pic has tempted me for the 534 range (if that exists this time around and hasn't taken a significant bump)

Thanks for the example pic, looks good. Did you enjoy it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭TheNap

Ah couldnt wait any longer .

Booked it . Staying in the Luxor on my own my mates in the hotel next door.

Came to €765 . Not too bad

How long is everyones flight times?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭mel123

I booked a Deluxe Queen room with two Queen beds in the MGM for 5 nights and only came to €561. So your talking €280 each for myself and a mate for 5 nights for a double bed each.

Trying to get a flight now for <€620 which would be a nice total of <€900.

where did you book the hotel at this price? its really good for two doubles.

Deadst4r wrote: »
    How long is everyones flight times?

15 hours there and 13 hours back including stop overs. Booked with BA.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

I definitely get the feeling that there's way less buzz about this than at 189 unfortunately. Quite understandable I suppose. I hope the atmosphere is just as good

• Registered Users Posts: 21,352 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

dulux99 wrote: »
    I definitely get the feeling that there's way less buzz about this than at 189 unfortunately. Quite understandable I suppose. I hope the atmosphere is just as good

That's because the fight isn't for another 5 months and we've already had about a year's worth of build-up. Don't worry, the excitement will come yet, just enjoy the great cards (191 in particular) coming up in the next few months and the hype train will start rolling again. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

martyos121 wrote: »
    That's because the fight isn't for another 5 months and we've already had about a year's worth of build-up. Don't worry, the excitement will come yet, just enjoy the great cards (191 in particular) coming up in the next few months and the hype train will start rolling again. :)

Yeah hopefully. Although I think the whole thing about UFC 189 being smack bang in the middle of the summer had a big effect. Can't see as many Irish being able to make the trip over just before Xmas. I sincerely hope I'm wrong though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,352 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

dulux99 wrote: »
    Yeah hopefully. Although I think the whole thing about UFC 189 being smack bang in the middle of the summer had a big effect. Can't see as many Irish being able to make the trip over just before Xmas. I sincerely hope I'm wrong though!

Yeah that's not ideal, but sure look at it this way: cheaper flights, cheaper hotels, no unbearable desert heat (yeah, I'm actually complaining about nice weather :pac:) and a guaranteed stand-up war (albeit with a 10% chance of even happening). If I had the money, I'd have everything booked already, it's sure to be an amazing experience for anyone that makes the trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Weidman vs Rockhold co maining. Sweet Jesus it's going to be a great card!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭PM me nudes

Aldo v McGregor
    Weidman v Rockhold
    This is wankworthy

• Registered Users Posts: 10 juandrake

If Mc Gregor Aldo doesn't happen I assume Frankie will be ready. Thoughts?

you don't like Uriah Faber? HAHA

juandrake wrote: »
    you don't like Uriah Faber? HAHA

Uriah Faber lost to Frankie Edgar in his last fight

mel123 wrote: »

Booked it on booking.com with free cancellation. Checked there and same nights increased to 800. Can always book and cancel.

mel123 wrote: »
    Booked it on booking.com with free cancellation. Checked there and same nights increased to 800. Can always book and cancel.

A standard room in vegas comes with the option of a king bed or two doubles.
    They essentially don't do single/twin rooms etc.

Plus almost all hotels have free cancellation. Book now and cancel if you get a better deal. That's what I did for UFC 189.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭JR6

Brilliant co-main event. Gotta fancy weidman but it'll be a close tough fight imo. I have flights and accommodation booked but when tickets go on sale what time of the day/night in Ireland will it be? Do I gotta be up at 3am on a work night to buy tickets?!

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Pulse8

6pm Irish time usually

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

WOW what a co main! Tickets will be gold dust !!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement