Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Introductions thread? Introductions thread.

Options
  • 25-07-2013 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭

I figure a thread like this is pretty inevitable given the profusion of MOBA's out there so I'll kick it off and let the mods decide if they want to allow it or not.

Feel free to add me in games, I'm pretty easy going and if I'm online I'm probably up for a game. I like to follow the e-sports stuff and read a lot, but I don't get to play much and am prone to occasionally dropping off radars for months at a time due to RL stuff.

Games played:
    League of Legends
    Dota 2 (just getting into this)

In game names:
    LoL:Sycopat
    Dota2:Syc0pat

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Would a google doc not be easier to navigate than a thread?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056452989

Could still leave the thread open for people to introduce themselves if they like.

See where you're coming from Doom but might be good to keep it in this format as you said.

Games played

HoN
    LOL (briefly)
    DOTA 2

Only play DOTA 2 now when I have the time which is less and less lately :( . Was really hoping to get in to the competitive side of things with a few guys I've played MOBAs for years with but we all lost interest

In game names:

KaG/Sandor Clegane/Craig (steam kag1888)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Spreadsheet now up. I've added some other games that'll probably prove popular in the coming seasons.

EDIT: Actually yeah, a new thread would be better.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Games played:
    Dota 2

In game names:
    TarAldarion

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Sycopat

Would a google doc not be easier to navigate than a thread?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056452989

Could still leave the thread open for people to introduce themselves if they like.

Functionally, sure, I was thinking mostly it'd be nice as a way for people to introduce themselves to the community.

Cherryghost: The spreadsheet doesn't seem to be editable atm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Sycopat wrote: »

this - just tried it myself.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Sycopat wrote: »
    Functionally, sure, I was thinking mostly it'd be nice as a way for people to introduce themselves to the community.

That's why I think we should have both :)

Yup Cherry ghost you should make that editable, trust me you'll drive yourself demented trying to keep it updated yourself. Been that soldier.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Hey guys, another Dota 2 player here. Great to see the new forum up and running (though why is it in the MMO section? :pac:).

Looking forward to seeing the Irish MOBA community get bigger.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Hola,

I started out on LoL beta then played through a bit on main release, got to about lvl 18 I think. I still play the odd game but I'm pretty much a Dota head now. Bit of a MOBA addict though as I play on my tablet when I'm travelling too :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

How do you play on your tablet!?

• Advertisement

How do you play on your tablet!?

I play Heroes of Order and Chaos on my Nexus 7 :P It's quite good, not so varied though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

Played LoL since beta.

In game: Fastpaws

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭Tails142

Playing LoL for a while now - in game tails142 if you wanna play some unranked gimme a shout.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Just play Awesomenauts atm, afraid of what might happen if I learn Dota/Lol :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Playing Dota, I'm titan31 on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

Hi All

Playing LoL as Calvez. Been a long time MMORPG player and just recently made the switch to MOBA. Cant believe I had not become aware of the genre until so late as i have been looking for a game like this for a long time. I always preferred the PvP elements of MMO's but hated the grind but in LoL the grind is PvP so it's all good!

Play when I can so that means mostly weekends and sometimes in the evenings if I'm not working too late. Just finished my provisional games for ranked at the weekend so intending to try and slowly climb the ladder in solo queue. Started in Silver II so hopefully i can at least maintain initially.

If anyone is looking for someone to duo with then feel free to add me. Mainly play Support atm but comfortable as adc or mid. Need to improve top and jungle.

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

I play LoL.

EUW m00c0w
    Garena PH Instagibbon
    Garena VN (current active) Instagibbon

Don't really have an interest in picking up any other MOBA's. LoL eats enough of my time.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Games played
    League of Legends

Ingame name
    Furyío

• Registered Users Posts: 36 kersplodey

Hey all, I play dota. My steam name is kersplodey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

kersplodey wrote: »
    Hey all, I play dota. My steam name is kersplodey.

I play team games with this guy. Looking for a 5th player currently.

Steam name maybesean but I go under Strobe.

• Advertisement

You guys should sign up for the boards tournament
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057002297

• Registered Users Posts: 36 kersplodey

You guys should sign up for the boards tournament
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057002297

Well, that was our plan. We wanted to get a fifth player first though. Having some trouble finding one!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

Hai I play dota 2, I have Tar to thank/blame for that addiction, steam name is the same as boards

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

Hi all,

play LoL atm, i do have awesomenauts but havn't installed steam on the pc since i rebuilt it yet. level 30 and playing nearly a year, still a bit brutal to be fair. Bronze 2 but enjoy playing with others

ign: splinterific

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Bar.angutan

I finally got registered here after some e-mail trouble.

I've been a Dota 2 player/obsessive since around March. Still quite new in the grand scheme of things and I haven't played a whole lot of pubs (tons of human v bot match-ups, for what they're worth). I've probably pumped 100+ hours into watching VoDs, streams, tournaments etc so I like to think I have a good idea how things work by now... although I did find out a couple of days ago that pure damage doesn't go through BKB, so I guess there's more to learn :D

It would be cool to play some games against other Boards members but yeah, I'm still pretty low skilled.

That's ok, so is KaG. Add any of us and ask for a guild invite when you see us on

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GO_Bear

Lets have everyone just pop onto boards TS in the evenings !

Yup needs to be a meeting place, so whenever you can play go onto the boards teamspeak.
    Been getting more popular!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Bar.angutan

Yeah I've been on the Boards guild for the past few days. I'll try and jump into a game this evening.

• Advertisement
Advertisement