Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electrical Instrumentation Apprenticeship

Options
  • 09-05-2018 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi all, looking at changing careers and have always had an interest in going down the electrical/instrumentation route, just wondering does anyone have any advice on the best companies to get a start with in the munster, south leinster region. Seems to be a huge demand for apprentice electricians but not so much e&i apprentices. Any info at all would be a huge help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭tweek84

dazza18 wrote: »
    Hi all, looking at changing careers and have always had an interest in going down the electrical/instrumentation route, just wondering does anyone have any advice on the best companies to get a start with in the munster, south leinster region. Seems to be a huge demand for apprentice electricians but not so much e&i apprentices. Any info at all would be a huge help.
    <Mod snip> hire electrical & instrumentation apprentices I don't know when they normally start to look for apprentices keep an eye on their website

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

I know people are only trying to be helpful, but as per the forum charter please don't mention any company names on the forum. If we say anything positive or negative about any electrical contractor it could be suggested that we have an agenda. There is absolutley nothing to stop people assisting the OP by sending company names by PM. Pretty much everyone here (certainly the main posters) have some connection to one or more companies, so this approach is best.

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Tuco88

I would recommend doing it, It will give you greater flexibility in the industry.Its not the end of the world if you dont find a postion.I did an Electrical apprenticeship and later I did 4 years in college at night not the easy road tho.

I would keep an eye on all the factories for an apprenticeship first.

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭divillybit

Bumping up an old thread here rather than starting a new one,

I in my mid 30's and work in the engineering sector for over 10 years with my current employer. I've a science background. I know my employer would do a good electrical and instrumentation apprenticeship which I think I would really enjoy...as I like the automation and process control end of things and would be mechanically inclined and a problem solver...

Anyone ever retrain as an apprentice with their employer and were ye able to negotiate a better rate than what they would typically pay an apprentice?

I ask this as I was talking to an electricial contractor not long ago who said if he took someone like me on that was fairly handy and was keen he would give the 3rd year rate from the start of the apprenticeship...

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

As per the forum charter discussion of rates of pay is not permitted.
    Please take this to PM.

Thank you.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement