Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda recruitment

2»

Comments

hollyc11 wrote: »
    Can I ask where you read Q4? Since it's been an over a year I was hoping May / June

https://www.kildarestreet.com/wrans/?id=2021-03-24a.3208&s=Garda+Trainee+Competition#g3210.r

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7 RMOT

Hi guys. Some great info on these threads. I’m just curious, we’ve all read that there is a target of 620 new recruits for 2021. 450 of that are actually from previous campaigns that are heading for Garda training throughout the remaining this year. I wonder are the remaining 170 positions going to be filled with candidates from previous campaigns or will there be a brand new recruitment campaign launched this year for people hoping to apply?

RMOT wrote: »
    Hi guys. Some great info on these threads. I’m just curious, we’ve all read that there is a target of 620 new recruits for 2021. 450 of that are actually from previous campaigns that are heading for Garda training throughout the remaining this year. I wonder are the remaining 170 positions going to be filled with candidates from previous campaigns or will there be a brand new recruitment campaign launched this year for people hoping to apply?

New Garda Trainee Competition slated for Q4 of this year.

Reference: https://www.kildarestreet.com/wrans/...tition#g3210.r

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Physeter

Zux wrote: »
    No bother at all, happy tp help.

I'm giving up a successful career myself (Cybersecurity) to pursue the job also. I've realized in the last few years, being stuck inside a corporate environment all day isn't fulfilling enough for me, so can relate to how you feel there.

As regards the risk, from what I can tell reading through so much of the information on here over the past 2 years or so, its pretty common that peopl with young families are accomodated to some degree. While its certainly a risk you may not get the station you want, my sense of it is its rare for you to be moved far from home with a new family to care for.

Same boat here.

There are parts of me I feel that are completely wasted working exclusively within an office environment. When you figure making fantastic money isn't a prerogative for you, climbing the tech ladder becomes vapid fast.

The next recruitment drive can't come quick enough. Hopefully I'll get to meet a few of you along the way.

Physeter wrote: »

The next recruitment drive can't come quick enough. Hopefully I'll get to meet a few of you along the way.

Absolutely, likewise !

• Registered Users Posts: 32 JustThisGuy

The next recruitment drive can't come quick enough. Hopefully I'll get to meet a few of you along the way.[/QUOTE]

Fingers crossed we all do!

Advertisement