Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connector issue

Options
  • 14-04-2021 10:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

connector issue.jpgHi, is this fixable? And how would I do it?

Apologies forgot to add the pic.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

hbab2009 wrote: »
    Hi, is this fixable? And how would I do it?

Hard to say. What is it?

I dont know if you'll be able to fix the connector without the tools/knowhow to do it.
    what's it pugged into ?
    I had a similar problem on my own gate intercom recently and I ended up soldering leads directly onto the back of the keypad.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

Yes find out how the crimp terminal unlocks from the connector shell and remove it.

Open up the crimp and re-crimp onto the wire, or solder the wire to the crimp terminal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Cerco

The crimp terminal will probably push through from the back. Examine the plastic housing for moulded retaining lugs to see what holds the crimp connector in place.
    Get a small screwdriver and insert it at the cable end and gently push it to force it out through the front.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭meercat

Is it connecting to a similar push connector
    If it’s possible I’d remove the push connectors and connect directly into a strip connector instead

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 989 ✭✭✭martin6651

If you look down the front of the connector you will a little piece of the pin sticking out holding the connector in place. You need to get some thing long enough to push the piece in towards the centre and the pin will come out the back of the connector. You can then solder the wire to the pin and replace but make sure you push the piece back out the make the pin stay in place. I have done this numerous amount of times

• Registered Users Posts: 6,748 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Sort out the water ingress or whatever issue caused the wire to corrode too.
    Also is that LV DC or mains AC? Because that connector isn't rated for mains AC for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭hbab2009

Thanks folks for all of the replies, I will try the above and see how I get on. The connector is part of charging station for a robotic lawnmower.

Advertisement