Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cannot log into ROS

Options
  • 04-03-2014 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭

Can anyone help me. I cannot log into Ros cos my java is out of date.. but when I try to update it I get an error message saying it failed and cannot be update or something like that.
    Need to do this today

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Have you tried a different Browser ?

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭jsa112

are the java services running ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭gubby

an error message came up when I tried to log on saying I need to update java with a link. but after I download it I get the error message saying this cannot be downloaded. I use firefox

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Naux

Use a different browser. Loads of issues with java and ROS in recent months. Try IE or Chrome.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jeju

What I did was installed the latest IE11 and updated Java to the latest version.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

It runs fine for me on Firefox have you tried uninstalling Java and then reinstalling the latest version?

no joy even when I uninstalled older version of java and installed new version.. It downloaded ok but got error: https://javadl-esd-secure.oracle.com/update/1.7.0-51-b13.xml for installation
    on ros website it says people were having problems with this so I guess I will have to ring them tomorrow. groan

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭one man clappin

Did you try cleaning the registry after uninstalling Java and before reinstalling the latest version?

I had a similar problem before and the above sorted it.

ok I didnt do that. how do I clean the registry?

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭one man clappin

Download CCleaner from here

Big green button on top right.

Open CCleaner, and on left had side of program, there is button for Registry.

Open that, Click button "Scan for issues", let it run to 100%. Then on bottom right click "Fix Selected Issues".

• Advertisement

Still not working.. tearing my hair out and Revenue are no help. wondering if anyone know if I could do this on my laptop?

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Naux

Try using a different browser...........

Advertisement