Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got caught with Crypo type virus - files say corrupt - will I keep them anyway ??

Options
  • 02-03-2014 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭

Got caught with a Crypotype virus - and didn't know til I try opening a word doc and it says '... can open as file may be corrupt'. Sought advise and got cleaned but don't know the name of the culprit but did have a text file to a name like 'crypto-something' looking for 081 of a Bitcoin for de-crypt. Have a few text file called HOWTODECRYPT.txt knocking about.

Anyway - file not really important as I usually send the important files I need at my work email and so am covered. However - I see that it has corrupted my JPEGS which would be holiday snaps etc.

My question ... will I keep these files in a separate folder somewhere in case some day there will be a 'fix' found???

(am really disappointed in myself that this got thru!!. Think it was the kids messing on downloading a You Tube video... but not end of the world!!)

Comments

Advertisement