Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indoor Putting Green

Options
  • 28-11-2018 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭

Could anyone recommend an indoor putting practice green for the house.

looked at a few options the main one recommended seems to be the birdie ball with a putt out. The tour links ones are a bit above budget

Cheers in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Montgolfier

kod12 wrote: »
    Could anyone recommend an indoor putting practice green for the house.

looked at a few options the main one recommended seems to be the birdie ball with a putt out. The tour links ones are a bit above budget

Cheers in advance
    I have the putt out it's very good. Rolls up and it fits neatly into the bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,248 ✭✭✭slingerz

I have the putt out it's very good. Rolls up and it fits neatly into the bag.

yea putt out for me as well

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭kod12

Class thanks for that. Where is the best place to buy. I see American Golf have the putt out mat for 58 and the putt out itself for 23 at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭newport2

Welling Putt mats are also worth checking out, I found it very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭frink

Class thanks for that. Where is the best place to buy. I see American Golf have the putt out mat for 58 and the putt out itself for 23 at the moment

I got mine in McGuirks and paid more than that. Wouldn't say you'd get it much cheaper.

Very good matt, and keeps its shape when you roll it up. I bring the Putt out tool to the putting green in the club too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,824 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

wow, they are tasty aren't they!!!
    https://tourlinks.net/13-foot-training-aid-2/

was looking at that one yesterday until I seen the price ha ha

is that in store?
    they just have black or grey mats available online

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Just bought the PuttOut mat in American Golf Tallaght for €54. Normally £69.99 on their site. Also bought the training aid. Not allowed touch it because its 'for christmas'. It'll be unwrapped and rewrapped multiple times between now and then. What she doesn't know.......

• Advertisement

Hoboo wrote: »
    Just bought the PuttOut mat in American Golf Tallaght for €54. Normally £69.99 on their site. Also bought the training aid. Not allowed touch it because its 'for christmas'. It'll be unwrapped and rewrapped multiple times between now and then. What she doesn't know.......

Did they just have the black and greyvones over there or was there any green ones?

Seve OB wrote: »
    Did they just have the black and greyvones over there or was there any green ones?

Just black or grey. Went on to americangolf.eu they were charging €9 for delivery (to the shop) :confused: Went on to .co.uk it was the same price, no delivery.

Got the black with the blue and black trainer, perfect for the man cave. Black looks great I have to say.

Just black or grey. Went on to americangolf.eu they were charging €9 for delivery (to the shop) :confused: Went on to .co.uk it was the same price, no delivery.

Got the black with the blue and black trainer, perfect for the man cave. Black looks great I have to say.

have asked the missus to get the black and blue one also :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,742 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Anyone tested the Puttout and training aid.

Is there any other mats at a higher standard ?

Any feedback.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Any feedback.

Have them both. The Matt is very good quality but TBH I haven't used it all that much. I do use the training aid practicing on a real green. It's very good as I can pick it up and move it to recreate all the different types if putts. It has definitely improved my putting.

Any feedback.

Santa brought them both for me.
    Very good. Mat could be a bit longer. I would have expected you to be laying decent carpet suitable for putting instead of having to get a mat :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Santa brought them both for me.
    Very good. Mat could be a bit longer. I would have expected you to be laying decent carpet suitable for putting instead of having to get a mat :)

Yeah, I found the putts were too easy and wasn't missing much and got bored but find the putting aid excellent practicing on a real green.

Yeah be good if it was longer, but, have seen a massive improvement in my putts 3-6ft. Much more confident.

I will admit though, it can become a bit boring, 30 minutes I'm done. But definitely works.

Yeah be good if it was longer, but, have seen a massive improvement in my putts 3-6ft. Much more confident.

I will admit though, it can become a bit boring, 30 minutes I'm done. But definitely works.

• Advertisement

The little bit I've been able to practice with and the very little bit of golf I've played I would definitely agree it does reap rewards. Those ropey 4 footers, the more you hit of them the easier they become.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,436 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

There was a guy who was popping up on my twitter feed. He set himself a challenge to just take 30 putts with it a day every day for the month of January to see the improvement he'd make.

I'd say that approach would be much more bearable than spending a solid 30 minutes in a single session

• Registered Users Posts: 27,033 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

There was a guy who was popping up on my twitter feed. He set himself a challenge to just take 30 putts with it a day every day for the month of January to see the improvement he'd make.

I'd say that approach would be much more bearable than spending a solid 30 minutes in a single session

+1

I found it a frustrating tool to use I have to say and that was only with 10 mins in the pro shop.

Putts that would deffo be in on a real green would just topple back to me. Trying to hit the absolute perfect putt that would stay in the "cup" didnt seem to be worth the extra effort.

GreeBo wrote: »
    +1

I found it a frustrating tool to use I have to say and that was only with 10 mins in the pro shop.

Putts that would deffo be in on a real green would just topple back to me. Trying to hit the absolute perfect putt that would stay in the "cup" didnt seem to be worth the extra effort.
    They don't have to be perfect, that's not the point of it. Sure it says so on the instructions. And the ones that come back to you...... Well they're kinda supposed to come back to you, but not by to much or to little. That give you a guide as to how far past the hole you would have gone.

But if you start off your practice and only get one perfect in a hundred and say by the end of the month have improved that to say 25 perfect putts well that just tells me there is improvement

• Registered Users Posts: 27,033 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

They don't have to be perfect, that's not the point of it. Sure it says so on the instructions. And the ones that come back to you...... Well they're kinda supposed to come back to you, but not by to much or to little. That give you a guide as to how far past the hole you would have gone.

But if you start off your practice and only get one perfect in a hundred and say by the end of the month have improved that to say 25 perfect putts well that just tells me there is improvement

I dont see putts that stay in as any "better" than putts that come back to you the correct amount.

GreeBo wrote: »
    I dont see putts that stay in as any "better" than putts that come back to you the correct amount.

More accurate. Centre of the cup, dead weight.

I understand on the course that scorecards don't paint pictures and if the ball horseshoes around the hole and still drops, it is the same as the perfect put at the end of the day.

But the closer to perfect that your putt actually is, the more consistent you are, the more putts will drop for you. You can't argue with that.

To be honest there is nothing better than a hole and this isn't that realistic for 95 % married men at home.

Sorry that could come across all wrong .

Used it a bit in the shop and whilst it has a novelty, agree that the perfect put has questionable value.

A couple of issues you have to go get the ball a few feet away , then one that just misses is in your way For next putt .

The putting green that rolls ball back is good but has a ramp . But the advantage is you don't move at all so , you are more solid in stance for say 10 putts that all perfectly roll to where you are standing.

This is not a laziness , it is better putting practice to not move from stance at all.

Still the puttout feel and pace as good as I've seen for a mat.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,436 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

This is the one I have

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Masters-Eyeline-Golf-Perfect-Putting/dp/B0059S7VH8

The mat itself is very good quality & it rolls really well. If you smooth it out, it shows up the line of your putt nicely. It has 2 holes, one regulation size, one smaller hole, which is the one I aim at.

If you spend your time holing out on the smaller hole it's amazing how big the regulation hole feels afterwards.

There is a chute around the back that returns the ball to you.

The slope up to the hole is not a bad thing as far as I'm concerned. It forces you to hit a more positive putt.

Plus it's 10ft from end to end, so a bit longer than most standard mats

This is the one I have

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Masters-Eyeline-Golf-Perfect-Putting/dp/B0059S7VH8

The mat itself is very good quality & it rolls really well. If you smooth it out, it shows up the line of your putt nicely. It has 2 holes, one regulation size, one smaller hole, which is the one I aim at.

If you spend your time holing out on the smaller hole it's amazing how big the regulation hole feels afterwards.

There is a chute around the back that returns the ball to you.

The slope up to the hole is not a bad thing as far as I'm concerned. It forces you to hit a more positive putt.

Plus it's 10ft from end to end, so a bit longer than most standard mats

if you put the putt in the wrong hole - does anything happen. :D

NO sounds good and the ball coming back to you fully is of more value than something ending up 6 feet away.

• Advertisement
Advertisement