Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4.5M and 4.0M Players

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,624 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

WanB and Peltier look like they are both going to be starters at 4.0. Gunnarsson at Cardiff also looks like a certain starter in midfield at 4.5.

Not sure about any forwards lower than 6.0.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭kweeveen86

Don't think Peltier will start now that Cunningham has signed....?

Bednarek played the first 45 mins of Southampton's final friendly. Not sure where he stands so!

kweeveen86 wrote: »

Bednarek played the first 45 mins of Southampton's final friendly. Not sure where he stands so!

Cunningham is a left back

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

eagle eye wrote: »
    WanB and Peltier look like they are both going to be starters at 4.0. Gunnarsson at Cardiff also looks like a certain starter in midfield at 4.5.

Not sure about any forwards lower than 6.0.

Jimenez at 5.5 is a nailed on starter for Wolves, already scored a few in pre season, if he'll do it in the League is another thing.
    I've been bitten bad before (except for Zaki, that man won me a league years ago).

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭kweeveen86

Cunningham is a left back

Ah, I thought Peltier played on the left. Sorry, my mistake.

As you were, gentlemen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Well guys, has anybody produced a list of likely or certain starters in the budget range?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Well guys, has anybody produced a list of likely or certain starters in the budget range?

No one round here does that sort of thing it's more a casual sort of place :pac:

Or are you serious :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

https://www.oddsonfpl.com/4-5m-and-4-0m-players-which-ones-will-start/

Is what we've done up currently.

Altho it already needs amendments Chambers no longer at Arsenal etc. If anybody notices anything let me know and I'll update them and amend the table.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Tracker9 wrote: »
    Bednarek is a good option at 4.0 if he holds his place
    kweeveen86 wrote: »

From what I can gather about Bednarek, he's keeping Yoshida's spot warm. I'd say he's likely to play GW1 and who knows if he can impress maybe he keeps the spot. Seems they play 3 at the back.

I'm considering him, likely to warm the bench until WC

• Advertisement

https://www.oddsonfpl.com/4-5m-and-4-0m-players-which-ones-will-start/

Is what we've done up currently.

Altho it already needs amendments Chambers no longer at Arsenal etc. If anybody notices anything let me know and I'll update them and amend the table.

Is that just the list from the start of this thread in a searchable form or did you make changes?

That's actually really handy being able to limit it by team cheers! Are you basing it on how likely they are to just start gw1 or looking at it over a couple of weeks?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

i watched a bit of the southampton game saturday for bedernak. He was fairly poor and partly to blame for the first goal. They made 2 substitutions at HT and bedernak was one of the players that made way. I removed him from my team as he is a riskier pick than he was before that game IMO. In a previous game bedernak got 60 mins and stephens came on for 30. Worrying that it was 45 each on saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭pimpmyhat

Who do ye think is the best/nailed on bournemouth defender at 4.5?

• Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

pimpmyhat wrote: »

Steve Cook as Daniels may lose his place when Rico comes back from suspension.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,624 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Rico after he serves his ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,137 ✭✭✭✭km79

pimpmyhat wrote: »

None of them
    Seriously
    I'd have a defender from literally any of the other 19 teams ahead of theirs
    Good fixtures or not they can not defend

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

jimmii wrote: »
    Is that just the list from the start of this thread in a searchable form or did you make changes?

That's actually really handy being able to limit it by team cheers! Are you basing it on how likely they are to just start gw1 or looking at it over a couple of weeks?

Just GW1/2 was the original plan and then likely update around gw3 or gw4 after it's more concrete when everybody is back.

Glad it helps some peeps

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

i watched a bit of the southampton game saturday for bedernak. He was fairly poor and partly to blame for the first goal. They made 2 substitutions at HT and bedernak was one of the players that made way. I removed him from my team as he is a riskier pick than he was before that game IMO. In a previous game bedernak got 60 mins and stephens came on for 30. Worrying that it was 45 each on saturday.

I know it’s not a clear indication in the slightest, but every Southampton fan in that spreadsheet I posted yesterday where fans guess their week 1 lineup, had Bednerak benched.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭BlondeBomb

Will Cédric not start for Southampton?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭elefant

BlondeBomb wrote: »

He hasn't trained, I believe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

A good chance of starting according to Hughes

It's up in the air with Cedric. He has had no pre-season involvement but Hughes has said he has a chance to play against Burnley because he keeps himself so fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,543 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

So who are the 4.0-4.5 defenders who will start for teams we expect to be decent at the back

So who are the 4.0-4.5 defenders who will start for teams we expect to be decent at the back

Wan-Bissaka and Peltier are in defensive teams and are cheap as chips.

Going cheap in defence and I need a 4.5m defender that will have to play every week.

I’m reluctantly siding with Holebas but who is the best 4.5 set, play and forget ?

Tomkins is also of interest but, from memory, I think he’s fairly injury prone.

I won’t go down the Daniels route.

I have Patricio in goals so can’t really go with a wolves defender either.

Any suggestions would be welcomed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭POKERKING

Going cheap in defence and I need a 4.5m defender that will have to play every week.

I’m reluctantly siding with Holebas but who is the best 4.5 set, play and forget ?

Go hart in goal, and wolves defender.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Cedric? GW1 doubt but a good option thereafter. Otherwise I'd go for a Brighton defender, I think they could be solid enough again this year. I've been thinking about Lewis Dunk for my team - surely he can't score that many own goals again this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Callum Chambers?

Thanks guys. All great suggestions I hadn’t thought of.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Flapianski

Who would be the top 5 defenders at the £4.5m mark, based on the first 3-4 fixtures? I'll give it a bash

1. Tomkins (Palace) - most goals of any £4.5m defender last season and a full £1m less than PVA
    2. Doherty (Wolves) - playing as a winger pre-season, fixtures aren't great though
    3. S. Cook (Bournemouth) - good opening three fixtures, should play all. 2 goals 1 assist last season
    4. Hoedt (Southampton) - goal/assist threat and most likely to start in GW1. Good fixtures for Saints, bad form in pre-season though
    5. Kabasele (Watford) - goal/assist threat and Watford have good opening fixtures. Unsure if his position is nailed on though

Advertisement