Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lenovo Watch 9 (Bluetooth Smartwatch) - €22 delivered [Rosegal]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭rustynutz

Wouldn't recommend this, even for the price tag. It's supposed to be an activity tracker so I figured I could do a little light workout on the punch bag, first thump the strap broke. Very hard to set up also, no English instructions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,338 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

rustynutz wrote: »
    Wouldn't recommend this, even for the price tag. It's supposed to be an activity tracker so I figured I could do a little light workout on the punch bag, first thump the strap broke. Very hard to set up also, no English instructions

Ah in fairness, one look/feel of it would rule out punch bags.

It's a regular wrist watch with a step counter and some other basic smart functions. It's fine for what it is and for circa 20 quid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 970 ✭✭✭somebody_else

Hi

So after couple of days.

Range of BT is about 2-3 meters, I had to disable disconnect reminder as it was vibrating constantly.
    I have xiaomi band (1st) version and BT range is at least 2 to 3 times better.

It count my steps strangely as I have different amount of steps on this watch and on xiaomi band (not carrying my phone all the time with me so can't take phone step counter to account).

Vibration are rather minimal and not sure it that would wake me up.
    I'm not sayin that xiaomi is better but with Mi Band Tools it is better (except lack of clock/watch).

They could improve led behaviour as now missed call or text just move second hand to 0% or 100% depending, blinking led would improve visibility a bit.

Tom

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

It wont connect to my phone utterly useless

Enable location.

Worked for me.

Tom

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Its on phone see's watch 9 but wont connect

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭banchang

Why press the button on the phone to get your phone to take a picture, when you can do that on your phone without the watch ?

Whats the purpose of this functionality ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 597 ✭✭✭clfy39tzve8njq

banchang wrote:
    Why press the button on the phone to get your phone to take a picture, when you can do that on your phone without the watch ?

banchang wrote:
    Whats the purpose of this functionality ??

Must say I'm curious about this too

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭steviebg

Presume it's for taking a group photo with yourself included, without having to set up a timer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Are you the goalkeeper :-)

He was on the bench.

• Advertisement

youre killing me here folks i covered at least twice that

the step counter seems....generous.

its a nice watch, which maybe is just as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 761 ✭✭✭Agent_47

Its a nice watch and works fine, got a second and junior who is hard to please says its "decent" as the app makes it very useful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,513 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Received mine yesterday and only now have i got the time to sync correctly. a real palava. the step counter seems to work and the sleep analysis looks correct so i'm happy enough for the price.

well i think mine is bust. Whenever the second hand hand gets to 9 past the hour it seems to stick for a second. it even goes backwards a second and then forward again. the end result is that it does not keep time and it makes synching the time a painful process. a waste of €25

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 761 ✭✭✭Agent_47

Its a nice watch that is still working fine and recording my steps

Hi
    Are you getting pop up about update to version 2.3.0 ?

After I hit upgrade it downloads package but then it says:
    There was a problem with parsing the package.
    And goes back to pop up with update.

Tom

After I hit upgrade it downloads package but then it says: There was a problem with parsing the package. And goes back to pop up with update.

Do you have download from unknown sources enabled on your phone

Do you have download from unknown sources enabled on your phone

Yes I do.

Tom

Managed to download it and sideload and now have 2.3.0 version.

I got it from http://3g.lenovomm.com/redsea/com.pmpd.dmap.lenovo?ch=17071

Need to click on https://imgur.com/tvSSEDE button and NOT on huge green one on middle of the screen (this will download most likely some shi..y app).

Can't see much difference. Under Watch - Basic Function is new one Watch Maintenance
    which explain all dos and don'ts.

Tom

• Advertisement

My earlier problems with the second hand sticking seem to have resolved themselves and it now keeps time properly. the step counter and the sleep recorder are what i bought it for so happy enough.

My earlier problems with the second hand sticking seem to have resolved themselves and it now keeps time properly. the step counter and the sleep recorder are what i bought it for so happy enough.

they both seem utterly unreliable to me tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 692 ✭✭✭jinkybhoy

hi - got this morning but can't get my phone to see it on bluetooth - any suggestions?

jinkybhoy wrote: »
    hi - got this morning but can't get my phone to see it on bluetooth - any suggestions?

Have you downloaded the lenovo watch app? my bluetooth cannot see it but the lenovo watch app can.

Have you downloaded the lenovo watch app? my bluetooth cannot see it but the lenovo watch app can.

is there an english version? the one i downloaded is chinesse

is there an english version? the one i downloaded is chinesse

their is an english. If you search for "Lenovo Watch 9" in the play store it is the first result. The icon is a white watch on an orange background

• Advertisement

their is an english. If you search for "Lenovo Watch 9" in the play store it is the first result. The icon is a white watch on an orange background

Cheers - Not picking up the phone and bluetooth is on - hold the power button 3 secs and it flashes 3-4 times then nothing.

Cheers - Not picking up the phone and bluetooth is on - hold the power button 3 secs and it flashes 3-4 times then nothing.

while the watch is trying to connect with the phone hold down the button the side of the phone. Failing that somebody did put up a link to the english version of the manual.

while the watch is trying to connect with the phone hold down the button the side of the phone. Failing that somebody did put up a link to the english version of the manual.

I have the manual and it does say hold for 3 seconds and it will flash. I've done that and tried holding the button but not picking it up for some reason..

can you check that bluetooth is turned on the phone? the manual says that to check this:

Short press the button.
    If the light at the 12:00
    position flashes
    repeatedly, Bluetooth is
    not connected; if it
    stays on for 2 seconds,
    Bluetooth is connected;
    and if it flashes once,
    Bluetooth is disabled.

can you check that bluetooth is turned on the phone? the manual says that to check this:

Short press the button.
    If the light at the 12:00
    position flashes
    repeatedly, Bluetooth is
    not connected; if it
    stays on for 2 seconds,
    Bluetooth is connected;
    and if it flashes once,
    Bluetooth is disabled.

Hi - the light never stays on for 2 seconds - just the once flash or flashing repeatedly for 4-5 times.

• Advertisement

hi it does flash repeatedly and the flash once but not the stays on for 2 seconds..

Did you do a short press or a long press? It looks to me like you did a long press and that turned on the bluetooth and then you did another long press that turned it off. Do a long press again until the light flashes repeatedly. that will turn the bluetooth on the phone back on again. Then try a connect again from the lenovo app.

Did you do a short press or a long press? It looks to me like you did a long press and that turned on the bluetooth and then you did another long press that turned it off. Do a long press again until the light flashes repeatedly. that will turn the bluetooth on the phone back on again. Then try a connect again from the lenovo app.

Hi - Tried that and nothing - I have the app on and have treid this way..after the light flashes a few times, if i press the button quickly it just flashes again 3-4 times...

I have xiaomi mi max - is there maybe some setting i need to switch on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Hi - Tried that and nothing - I have the app on and have treid this way..after the light flashes a few times, if i press the button quickly it just flashes again 3-4 times...

I have xiaomi mi max - is there maybe some setting i need to switch on?

Have you location setting on? (on your phone)

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭AAAAAAAAA

Its kinda meh for the money honestly after one day of use

Positives:

* The sleep tracker seems to work, picking up the times i fell asleep fairly accurately and knowing the times I woke up during the night

* The vibration works fine

* The pedometer seems to work..?

* It looks alright

* The "find phone" function works but cranks the volume up full and you can't turn it off until it finishes the entire alarm tone (trying this in work was a mistake)

Negatives:

* The springbar popped out extremely easily while taking my jacket off.

* Randomly stopped keeping time and had to be set again

* Describing the watch as having a heartbeat sensor appears to be a lie

* It vibrates for every whatsapp notification I get, even if the group is muted, and also when I look at whatsapp web, which is annoying.

Does anyone know if the markings for call and message work?

Kenjataimu wrote: »
    Have you location setting on? (on your phone)

I have the GPS on - Is that what you mean?

AAAAAAAAA wrote:
    * It vibrates for every whatsapp notification I get, even if the group is muted, and also when I look at whatsapp web, which is annoying.

You can set do not disturb mode. Haven't tried it so don't know if it works

I have the GPS on - Is that what you mean?

The location

Screenshot_20180724_120216_Gallery.jpg

The location

Screenshot_20180724_120216_Gallery.jpg

I have the location turned on and given the app permission to make changes..As i said it just flashes when I press the button

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 458 ✭✭metroburgers

Hi jinkybhoy

I also have a xiaomi mi max and can't connect watch :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭banchang

AAAAAAAAA wrote: »
    Its kinda meh for the money honestly after one day of use

Positives:

* The sleep tracker seems to work, picking up the times i fell asleep fairly accurately and knowing the times I woke up during the night

* The vibration works fine

* The pedometer seems to work..?

* It looks alright

* The "find phone" function works but cranks the volume up full and you can't turn it off until it finishes the entire alarm tone (trying this in work was a mistake)

Negatives:

* The springbar popped out extremely easily while taking my jacket off.

* Randomly stopped keeping time and had to be set again

* Describing the watch as having a heartbeat sensor appears to be a lie

Does anyone know if the markings for call and message work?

Lenovo is a reputable brand - why did they ever go there with this ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭TimHorton

banchang wrote: »

Mine is working very well with a Galaxy S9 + , Not one hiccup , Maybe a better phone is the way to go.

They built it down to a low price point. It is a $25 watch not a $200 watch. for the price i paid i'm very happy with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭AAAAAAAAA

I mean, it's alright, but you're getting a €20 smartwatch so your expectations need to be calibrated. They went out to create a cheap smartwatch, and it competes well at it's pricepoint. It can never go head to head with, say, a samsung gear, but if you want something that buzzes when you get a text and counts your steps then this is actually a grand little product. I haven't had more issues with it losing time either.

You can set do not disturb mode. Haven't tried it so don't know if it works

Was looking to disable solely the whatsapp web vibration, I want to keep the rest on. It looks like disabling "other" notifications in the notification menu for whatsapp did the trick.

TimHorton wrote: »
    Mine is working very well with a Galaxy S9 + , Not one hiccup , Maybe a better phone is the way to go.

I'm going to try it with my s8 tonight to double check it's not my phone.

Hi jinkybhoy

I also have a xiaomi mi max and can't connect watch :confused:

Hi

just tried mine on my other phone samsung s8 and it picked it up straightaway. I wonder what setting needs to be changed on the Mi Max?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,033 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Hi

just tried mine on my other phone samsung s8 and it picked it up straightaway. I wonder what setting needs to be changed on the Mi Max?
    Having similar issues on OnePlus One. Not having much luck!

EDIT: Actually, switching Location On fixed it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Jurgen Klopp

Lads, the mother wants a pedometer, is it accurate on this? Other smart watch functions not necessary

Can the watch keep the number of steps without being connected to the phone or does it need Bluetooth connection at all times?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 293 ✭✭Subutai

22,879 is

Subutai wrote: »
    22,879 is

What??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭curranbaz

Anyone find they have 2 keep adjusting the time? I like the look of the watch but the fact I have 2 keep correcting the time is turning me off it!

Oh and my skin seems 2 have a slight reaction 2 the strap! Had a mi band 2 & was very happy with it from a performance point of view but preferred the look of a traditional watch! Thinking of getting a mi band 3 unless someone can recommend a traditional looking smart watch that doesnt need 2 b charged every other day!

Advertisement