Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Helicopter" frame protector tape - where to buy?

Options
  • 09-08-2020 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,822 ✭✭✭

Where's the handiest place to get something like this? Ideally a walk in store?
    Or anyone tripping over rolls of it and looking to sell?!

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

fat bloke wrote: »
    Where's the handiest place to get something like this? Ideally a walk in store?
    Or anyone tripping over rolls of it and looking to sell?!

I'm thinking of getting some from eBay. Only place really to get it in decent amounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭Tony04

I was looking into it aswell and think it was it was easiest to get it off here https://www.vikingtapes.co.uk/collections/3m-8671hs-polyurethane-protective-tape-bike-tape/products/bike-protective-tape-3m-8671hs-polyurethane-protective-tape-short-rolls-25mm-x-3m, that's where people on other bike forums seemed to go. I never bought it though as it didnt seem economical to buy the small amount I was looking for. Problem with ebay is you mightnt be getting the genuine product.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭koutoubia

I may get a roll as a lot of the roads around here are getting redone and a lot of tar and chipping is going down and the new bike is getting a bit of a hammering. What ever I have left over I will pass on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,822 ✭✭✭fat bloke

I actually only want a few strips to protect the touch points on the soft touring bags I'm planning to hang off the bike.

I've used electrical tape before for mudguard fixings contact points - yknow like the black tape used to secure bar tape ends and it comes off easy enough afterward and doesn't mark paintwork.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭Tony04

You can get frame protection kits that come pre cut for chainstay, cables on headset etc. So you just peel it off and put it on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭saccades

Invisframe do kits your asking for, everything from blank sheets to generic frames to dedicated frame/fork/crank specific sets.

Expensive in some ways but I spent a fortune on my good bike 18 months ago, so fitted the custom invisframe kit it still looks new.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭saccades

Invisframe do kits your asking for, everything from blank sheets to generic frames to dedicated frame/fork/crank specific sets.

Expensive in some ways but I spent a fortune on my good bike 18 months ago, so fitted the custom invisframe kit it still looks new.

Advertisement