Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbours' noisy dogs

Options
  • 05-08-2020 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭

Had a quick look online & read old posts here, and it seems complaints need to go via district courts (Section 25 of the Control of Dogs Act 1986).

Has anyone recent experience of going down this route? Was it costly?

We are new to the area, and don't relish making enemies in our neighbour, but the barking is constant - sometimes starting at 6am. Seriously selfish stuff.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,890 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

I am sure someone will come along with the answer re the District Court.

But have you tried to talk to neighbour, or recorded the noise for them to hear?

Are they there when the dogs bark? I bet they are not.

Go total on them.

That is totally anti social IMV. Funny how the owners of barking dogs never seem to hear them all the same. Often wondered why is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭New2Dubs

I've clocked the dogs are never walked and suspect they're barking out of pure frustration. This has put me off approaching the owners.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭sillysmiles

TBH not walking their dogs doesn't mean they'll be aggressive, it just means they are completely clueless with regards to what is needed when owning a dog. They are not on their own in that regard.
    I know my neighbour had to have a word with his neighbour who had gotten a cockrell. The problem was resolved with no issues.

Advertisement