Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Golf Society - Portarlington GC - 15th August 2020 CANCELLED

Options
  • 04-08-2020 5:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,447 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Its rolled back around pretty quickly, and we're back to a familiar haunt for the society, Portarlington GC. I think its been a couple of years since we've been there, but it's always a great course to return to.

We have a plenty of time slots for this. I was trying to make sure that we have everyone covered. But if you could all accept as soon as possible on Teamer so that we can confirm the numbers, that would be great.

For anyone who has won a prize, but not yet collected it, I'll have them with me to hand over, so hopefully all the past winners can make it...I've plenty of prizes to offload at this stage :D

Looks like they have a good course guide here:

https://www.portarlingtongolfclub.ie/course-guide/

13th-hole-cropped-2-e1468263568473.jpg

Hope to see you all there soon for round 3 of the 2020 season.

There is food there available in the clubhouse. If we have a confirmation from people that they want food, I will be able to get a menu ahead of time I think and can put in orders for people before their round. Otherwise, you will be able to get food there afterwards, if you want to.

Green fee on the day will be 35, 37 including the 2s club.

Revolut is the simplest, if possible, can everyone please transfer the green fees.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭paulos53

I had a look at the threads from our past outings to Portarlington and these were the results.

2013:
    1st ballyk - 36 points
    2nd Rikand - 36 points
    3rd FixdePitchmark - 36 points

2017:
    1st Macker1 - 36 points
    2nd SeveOB - 36 points
    3rd doublecross - 36 points

So 37 points is the target smile.png

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭jarrieta

Thanks captain, looking forward to this one, loved it 3 years ago, even if my round was a disaster.

BTW, this thread is not pinned, almost missed it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,447 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

paulos53 wrote: »
    I had a look at the threads from our past outings to Portarlington and these were the results.

2013:
    1st ballyk - 36 points
    2nd Rikand - 36 points
    3rd FixdePitchmark - 36 points

2017:
    1st Macker1 - 36 points
    2nd SeveOB - 36 points
    3rd doublecross - 36 points

So 37 points is the target smile.png

Very tight at the top the previous times!

...and who said Fix can't play parkland golf?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Thanks for organising, how much, via Revolut again?

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,841 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

jaysus i don't even remember featuring the last time around!
    but it was my first boards event back in 2013 and i do remember that round, played with Ballyk and the Big Easy that day with Easy rocking up looking like a homeless junkie on his first trip to a golf course who then proceeded to give us a lesson on chipping in from around the greens :D it's great that the 3 of us are still regulars of the society and a testament to how good it is..... get involved people, well worth it
    there was a fourth man that day, i think it may have been Blockic, don't see him around anymore, maybe we frightened him off haha

anyway, i was mighty impressed with the course that day in 2013, the only thing that lets it down is the 18th crosses a green and 2 other fairways, but it didn't stop me making a few return visits over the years, but it was the last outing since i was there last time. really looking forward to going back..... and collecting my prize :D i hope there will be a fanfare and a round of applause ;)

• Advertisement

slave1 wrote: »
    Thanks for organising, how much, via Revolut again?

Sorry Slave, updated the original post with green fee data

Also, please post any requests for early/late tee times here

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Will miss this one again unfortunately. Looks like a really nice course.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭jarrieta

Also, please post any requests for early/late tee times here

Can I ask for an early tee time please?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭kieran.

Late tee time for me please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

Any chance of this partial lockdown crack affecting us?

Any chance of this partial lockdown crack affecting us?

Looks like no travel into Laois for the next 2 weeks

I just spotted that the golf course is actually in County Offaly, not Laois. However the same restrictions apply there.

Tried ringing them this evening, but got no answer.

Will ring them again in the morning. If it's a no go, I'll be scrambling for an alternative straight away

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Golfhead65

Will ring them again in the morning. If it's a no go, I'll be scrambling for an alternative straight away

It seems that non contact sports are allowed but would you be allowed to go into Laois Offaly Kildare to play or will it be members only, I suspect the latter

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

How about us poor people who are unfortunate enough to like in L/O/K and are in dire need of Ryder Jug points?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭kieran.

The advice says there should be no travel into the three counties, other than for exemptions relating to work, medical appointments, family or animal emergencies.

Hope we get a back up sorted !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Macker1

Covid-Latest.jpg

I’m getting sick of Covid.
    Well I’m not sick with Covid, thankfully.
    But it’s really pissing me off now.

Hi all, have been on to Portarlington this morning, and as we all knew anyway, we csmt go ahead with this.

I've gotten a replacement booking for the 29th August so everyone should hopefully be out of lockdown by then, in a change of venue.

Will post up a fresh thread now

Can a mod change the thread title to cancelled and maybe leave it stickied for a couple of days so people see it

• Advertisement

Hi all, have been on to Portarlington this morning, and as we all knew anyway, we csmt go ahead with this.

I've gotten a replacement booking for the 29th August so everyone should hopefully be out of lockdown by then, in a change of venue.

Will post up a fresh thread now

Can a mod change the thread title to cancelled and maybe leave it stickied for a couple of days so people see it

How do i unthank a post :(

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭jams100

Is it worthwhile for a new member to join this society now or just wait until next year given its already August? Thanks

jams100 wrote: »
    Is it worthwhile for a new member to join this society now or just wait until next year given its already August? Thanks

Absolutely, join anytime, you will Only regret Not coming out sooner when you attend your first outing

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement