Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

return flight cancelled, departure still going ahead -refund?

Options
  • 30-07-2020 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

Apologies if wrong forum. I got notified by Ryanair that my return flight from Portugal to Ireland has been cancelled. I have been offered a refund or change of flights, I'm more than happy to take a refund as there is no alternative dates. However the departure from Ireland is still going ahead. They were booked in the one transaction so appear on same itinerary, can I get a refund on departing flight on basis I cant get home :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭VG31

Yes, if one leg was cancelled and they were booked together you can get a refund of the whole booking.

Sos88sos88 wrote: »
    Apologies if wrong forum. I got notified by Ryanair that my return flight from Portugal to Ireland has been cancelled. I have been offered a refund or change of flights, I'm more than happy to take a refund as there is no alternative dates. However the departure from Ireland is still going ahead. They were booked in the one transaction so appear on same itinerary, can I get a refund on departing flight on basis I cant get home :)

Was it cancelled or rescheduled?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Sos88sos88

Was it cancelled or rescheduled?

Was cancelled. They gave me an option for refund or to pick an alternative flight but there was no other flights. Just wanted to make sure I got refunded for both even though outgoing is still going ahead.

Sos88sos88 wrote: »
    Was cancelled. They gave me an option for refund or to pick an alternative flight but there was no other flights. Just wanted to make sure I got refunded for both even though outgoing is still going ahead.

The reason I ask is that I’ve had a similar situation. Outward flight cancelled, but we just changed to a flight the following day. Where there used be 4 or 5 flights each way every day bar Christmas, it’s now one flight each way.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭pclive

Similar question here......My return Aer Lingus flight is being rescheduled by more than two hrs...am I entitled to a full refund on both flights?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Sos88sos88

pclive wrote:
    Similar question here......My return Aer Lingus flight is being rescheduled by more than two hrs...am I entitled to a full refund on both flights?

No I think there is nothing you can do here I'm afraid. By law they have to give you 14 days notice.

Advertisement