Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PGA Tour Thread

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Me having money on Stenson and Garcia (ref gambling forum golf betting thread) means they're going to implode at some point over the weekend (namely Sunday) if the season so far is an indicator lol.

But yeah, Stenson is striking the ball brilliantly out there. The way he's been playing this season, wouldn't be surprising to see him one of the three remaining Majors tbh. Stats this year are superb.

Terrible bogey a moment ago for Tiger just to add.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

He completely missed the ball while stuck by a tree! They are human :pac:

Video of it here

At the time, it looked like he hurt his wrist too but he seems fine now. He hit the tree at the start of his downswing which changed his swing path hence the fresh air.

Maggert rolling back the years.

Lol Stenson.

Play suspended due to weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭bustercherry

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Play suspended due to weather.

Thanks for that... Sky failed to point that out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,421 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

oh no - they are replaying the Kevin Na waggle-show from last year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

Play to resume @ 11pm. Is there much daylight left, enough to complete the round?

Play to resume @ 11pm. Is there much daylight left, enough to complete the round?

Could get 2 more hours out of it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

Bit of a spat between Tiger and Sergio. Garcia claiming he was put off in his backswing by Tiger taking out a wood and the crowd cheering as a result.

Tiger said "I'm not surprised he's complaining about something"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,914 ✭✭✭Russman

Ahh Tiger, classy as ever

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

RikkFlair wrote: »
    Bit of a spat between Tiger and Sergio. Garcia claiming he was put off in his backswing by Tiger taking out a wood and the crowd cheering as a result.

Tiger said "I'm not surprised he's complaining about something"

They have previous and don't even talk to each other, what Tiger actually said was that the marshalls had told him Sergio had already hit so he was going to go about his business.

True though that Sergio is often whining about something

He wasnt aware of anything until the rain delay when he was told Sergio was upset about it. Not by Sergio of course because as I said, they dont talk.

It should also be noted that Sergio had plenty of time to back off the shot and take it again, but went ahead with it anyway, and made a balls of it, and had a moan.

kryogen wrote: »
    They have previous and don't even talk to each other, what Tiger actually said was that the marshalls had told him Sergio had already hit so he was going to go about his business.

True though that Sergio is often whining about something

He wasnt aware of anything until the rain delay when he was told Sergio was upset about it. Not by Sergio of course because as I said, they dont talk.

It should also be noted that Sergio had plenty of time to back off the shot and take it again, but went ahead with it anyway, and made a balls of it, and had a moan.

The real fault is the 1diots cheering just because he took out a club.
    But to be fair, Sergio couldn't back off it, when they showed the synced screens later on, the clapping for Woods began just as Sergio was hitting his shot. Of course Sergio shouldn't have moaned to the TV people, but all Woods had to do was say "sorry about that" and it would have died a death. Tiger should have made sure Sergio had hit and not relied on the marshals, its not their responsibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Tiger has done nothing wrong, he was told Sergio had hit his shot, in these situations players always rely on the marshals, the fans were the ones in the wrong. Sergio had the first dig and Tiger replied with a dig of his own. No big deal.

Tiger and Sergio both birdie the par 5 16th and both hit the 17th green.

And Sergio holes it and Tiger misses. Both at -11.

Round 3 finished, Lingmerth, Sergio and Tiger all on -11.

What decides the final pairings?

Does it go as the leaderboard is now? Which would mean Lingmerth and Sergio in the final group with Tiger and Wittenberg before them?

I think the pairings, if the scores are the same, are based on who was finished first in the previous round.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

Yeah Tiger and Sergio won't be paired so no frosty atmosphere for final round!

Wonder who they'll put with Lingmerth ? :)

Russman wrote: »
    Wonder who they'll put with Lingmerth ? :)

Garcia and Lingmerth.

http://www.pgatour.com/tournaments/the-players-championship/tee-times.html

It will probably be best for Garcia and Tiger that they are separated. A playoff between the 2 would be great.

• Advertisement

YayaBanana wrote: »
    A playoff between the 2 would be great.

I can see it now, the two of them rolling around in a bunker, scratching eyes and pulling hair !! :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Sergio on Tiger: "I'm not gonna lie, he's not my favorite guy to play with. He's not the nicest guy on Tour."

If this escalates, (and its really something out of nothing) I reckon Finchem should call them both in and tell them to sort their sh1t out, its all entertaining for us and a bit of rivalry is no harm at all, but they're role models for a lot of people. Hope that doesn't make me PC !!

Serge needs to stop being a baby at times and Tiger needs to realise the world doesn't revolve around him and its not just those that show enough deference to him that he has to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭nuts86

Did anyone else notice when watching the split screen of both shots that when the crowd started to cheer he put up his hand as if to tell them stop and gestured toward Sergio?

I got from this that Tiger just took his club from his bag, not expecting the crowd to cheer..

But then that asks the question as to why he said afterward that the marshall told him he had hit...

I could be wrong and could have been seeing things

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭realgolfgeek

I've seen it a few times and didn't notice that nuts86.

Sergio had more than enough time to back out of the shot. He's such a whinge bag.
    Would love to see a play off between them and watch Tiger stuff him, but I think Tiger won't need a play off by the looks of things.

Paul McGinleys Commentary is SOOOOOOOOOO refreshing compared to Monty's rubbish !!!

• Advertisement

But to be fair, Sergio couldn't back off it, when they showed the synced screens later on, the clapping for Woods began just as Sergio was hitting his shot..

I don't know what synch you were watching, but he had plenty of time to back off his shot !!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭Brain Stroking

Westwood must go through torment thinking about his putting. It really does let him down time after time. Unreal from tee to green, probably one of the best. A prolific 2-putt putter which isnt good enough

was just about to say tiger running away with this.... and then he drinks it!

for god sake tiger, call a rules ref and make sure you are taking a proper drop :)

Please please please, let there be a sergio tiger play off !!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Butch is the nuts. Another knee knocker folks.

Lolz.... In the final round of the 2006 British Open, Garcia dressed head-to-toe in canary yellow and was crushed by Woods, 67-73. Afterward, Woods reportedly texted a friend: "I just bludgeoned Tweety Bird."

I don't know what synch you were watching, but he had plenty of time to back off his shot !!!!

Fair enough, I disagree though.

Brought a lot of people back into contention that double bogey on 14 for Tiger.

short siding himself on the par 4 - really throwing this away

Fair enough, I disagree though.

Well, in all fairness, there's nothing to disagree with.
    This is a case of Yes or No, True or False, etc etc ...

http://www.golfchannel.com/media/golf-central-live-from-saturday-feature-1/

skip to 2 mins 10 seconds ....
    He has actually ALOT of time, he hasn't even started his backswing !!!. As one of the comments on it ...
    Pause the VIDEO .. WHEN Tiger pulls the club out you will see that Sergio has not even begun the backswing !!! It's mothers day Sergio so call your mama and see if she cares !

It's mothers day Sergio so call your mama and see if she cares ![/QUOTE

This says it all.

As I said, I disagree.

It's mothers day Sergio so call your mama and see if she cares ![/QUOTE

This says it all.

As I said, I disagree.

So let me get this straight.
    You think Garcia DID NOT have enough time to back away from his shot ?

If that's the case, You obviously know nothing about golf then.

So let me get this straight.
    You think Garcia DID NOT have enough time to back away from his shot ?

If that's the case, You obviously know nothing about golf then.

You're right, I know nothing about golf, thanks for clearing that up.

Tiger is going to birdie 16. Sergio down the middle of the fairway after his tee shot on the same hole.

Class bunker shot

Followed by an even classier one from Lingmerth

• Advertisement

C'mon Sergio, find the green here!

Ughhhhhhh :(

This is shaping up for a great finish. A Tiger v Sergio playoff would be epic.

*edit* damn - spoke too soon.

why does sergio always choke ? :(

Oh dear me..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Wow...how Garcia of Garcia!

sergio goes tin cup

"give me another ball romes..."

Sweet jesus... Sergio what are you doing!

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Me having money on Stenson and Garcia (ref gambling forum golf betting thread) means they're going to implode at some point over the weekend (namely Sunday) if the season so far is an indicator lol.

-_-

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

He went for the win by taking a risk and going after the flag, nothing wrong with that, margin of error was a lot lower and he came up a couple of yards short.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭AdpRo

Why oh why do i always back garcia and westwood, it's always the same, get hopes up first 3 days only fir the to crush my dreams come sunday.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement