Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Test dates

• 10-08-2020 8:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

I applied online & wasn't given option to select a date
    Driving instructor said 60 weeks
    Website says they will email 4/5 weeks before the test date to tell me what the date is
    Anyone heard any different

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

The waiting time is about 3 months at the moment based on feedback (assuming ytou are talking about driving test, not theory test).

• Registered Users Posts: 28 dmac01

Cheers, yeah driving test

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

dmac01 wrote: »
    I applied online & wasn't given option to select a date
    Driving instructor said 60 weeks
    Website says they will email 4/5 weeks before the test date to tell me what the date is
    Anyone heard any different

There has never been an option to select a date. It’s a disgrace of a system, I don’t know how they get away with it. only in Ireland...

• Registered Users Posts: 28 dmac01

Yeah, I assumed it was like NCT, book a date & time
    this is 2020, not 2000

Mr.S wrote: »
    I've often wondered this, why don't they do a system like the NDLS uses to book time slots for appointments?

Assume it's because there isn't fixed resources and they can't commit to having X amount of daily slots per test centre?

It's absolutely mad that when you book a test you have no idea when you are going to sit the test until 4-5 weeks earlier.

I’m convinced it’s so that their working hours can’t be scrutinised. Want an extra day off here and there, not a problem. They’ve already had your money for months before they have to ‘offer’ you an appointment at their convenience. And you’re allowed one refusal, after that they keep the money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭MascotDec85

Multipass wrote: »
    I’m convinced it’s so that their working hours can’t be scrutinised. Want an extra day off here and there, not a problem. They’ve already had your money for months before they have to ‘offer’ you an appointment at their convenience. And you’re allowed one refusal, after that they keep the money.

You’re allowed 2

You’re allowed 2

2 offers = 1 refusal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭MascotDec85

Multipass wrote: »
    2 offers = 1 refusal

Sorry, you can cancel the test TWICE so long as you give at least 10 days notice. You will not lose your fee.

Advertisement