Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Can anyone explain this abomination on my wheels?

Options
  • 06-08-2020 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭

The car was under 3 years old when I got it. Did the previous owner spray them with some clear coat, did they get them refinished, or is there some other rational explanation?

It appears to be a clear coating, I know this because whoever did it managed to cover over some dirty spots in places, and now I can't clean off the dirt at all. All 4 wheels have some evidence of this.

I just can't understand the reasoning as to why it would be done to wheels that were relatively new. Is it a "thing" to coat new wheels ?

522305.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

It's a run in the clear coat, almost certainly from a sh*te refurb job. BMW's QC is a long way from good, but it's hard to see that leaving the factory floor.

3 years is more than enough time to kerb the bejaysus out of your wheels. Could it have been a quick and dirty job at the end of the car's first PCP cycle?

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭niley

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    It's a run in the clear coat, almost certainly from a sh*te refurb job. BMW's QC is a long way from good, but it's hard to see that leaving the factory floor.

3 years is more than enough time to kerb the bejaysus out of your wheels. Could it have been a quick and dirty job at the end of the car's first PCP cycle?

Only rational explanation I suppose, the previous owner must have been particularly bad at parking :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

niley wrote: »
    Only rational explanation I suppose, the previous owner must have been particularly bad at parking :mad:

Must have been parking outside random Churches Niley...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭niley

Truckermal wrote: »
    Must have been parking outside random Churches Niley...:D

:D:D:D Those pesky churches!

Advertisement