Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Car not starting

• 22-06-2020 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭

2005 peugeot 307 1.4 hdi, it sat up for a month and now will turn over but wont start at all its 1/4 full of diesel, no warning lights on dash either

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭TheW1zard

new2me wrote: »
    2005 peugeot 307 1.4 hdi, it sat up for a month and now will turn over but wont start at all its 1/4 full of diesel, no warning lights on dash either

If its insured ring them up for a home start.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭new2me

TheW1zard wrote: »
    If its insured ring them up for a home start.

try here first :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,976 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

Did the battery discharge

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Jump it, battery dead.

Hopefully not past it as they don't like to be ran flat.

Jump it, battery dead.

Hopefully not past it as they don't like to be ran flat.

brand new battery fitted and fully charged, cranking over fine just wont start up

• Advertisement

brand new battery fitted and fully charged, cranking over fine just wont start up

While the car was parked up was there a dead battery in her or was there no battery. The ECU on Puegots and Citeron cars do not like this. The ECU's go into I think it's called eco mode with a low battery but they go a stage further if no battery is present. You need a an auto electrician to reset the ECU

Slava Ukrainii

While the car was parked up was there a dead battery in her or was there no battery. The ECU on Puegots and Citeron cars do not like this. The ECU's go into I think it's called eco mode with a low battery but they go a stage further if no battery is present. You need a an auto electrician to reset the ECU

think battery was ok, just had a new one and put it into her, if ecu fault would it not show up on dash with a warning light?

think battery was ok, just had a new one and put it into her, if ecu fault would it not show up on dash with a warning light?

Jump it battery still might need a run.

I have expected to see the engine management warning light but what is happening is similar to such a fault. The other issue is that there is no diesel at the injector's. You open an injector and check on turning that diesel is spitting out of the injector

Slava Ukrainii

Turn the key let glow plug light go out and repeat, do not turn over the engine.

• Advertisement

No start up, might give it a tow to see if she go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 75 ✭✭davycha

These had issues with air in the fuel lines , if it has been lying for a while , I would suggest priming the fuel line . There is a little priming bulb on top left of engine as you look at it when you remove the engine cover, definitely worth a try .

davycha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 483 ✭✭Dirty Nails

I have expected to see the engine management warning light but what is happening is similar to such a fault. The other issue is that there is no diesel at the injector's. You open an injector and check on turning that diesel is spitting out of the injector

On a common rail diesel??
    That's pretty poor advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭jimbooth

Happens on my dad's Berlingo regularly if left unused

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Mad_Mike

Common issue with a lot of these HDi engines. They only have a fuel pump back at the tank and if the car has not been run for a while and if there are even slight racks or leaks anywhere around fuel lines, seals, etc, air will slowly creep in and the fuel level drops right back down to the fuel tank.

They can take forever to get the fuel back up to the filter and engine just by cranking. Had this issue before and did exactly as @davycha suggests. Mine was a 2 litre Volvo S40 diesel. I removed a pipe from the fuel filter and fitted an inline primer I bought at my local motor factors and kept pumping until I finally had fuel back up at the filter again and eventually the car started again once I used the key to crank it when the fuel level was back ok at the engine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 483 ✭✭Dirty Nails

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bass Reeves View Post
    The other issue is that there is no diesel at the injector's. You open an injector and check on turning that diesel is spitting out of the injector

I should have explained myself better :)

You do NOT open a common rail injector pipe for several reasons.
    The pipe is not supposed to be reused.
    You lose the rail pressure & HP pump will not build pressure to "spit" diesel.
    It doesn't "spit" diesel from the pipe anyway,rail has constant pressure,the "spit"is electronically controlled from the injector.
    Then there's the safety element, crack open that pipe with 400 bar diesel pressure on it & take your chances on not injecting it into your bloodstream.

Peeps that haven't a clue shouldn't be giving potentially fatal advice.
    It's not a 135 he's messing at. Rant over.

seems to be a pipe loose that comes from filter, i tightened it up, do i need to bleed system now???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 75 ✭✭davycha

Hi ,
    if the one of the pipes to the fuel filter was loose, you need to prime the system ,
    Pump the priming bulb until it goes hard .
    Try to start engine, if it fires keep her revved slightly until it idles ok .
    if it does not start repeat priming and try to start again.

Not sure about your one ,but some of these had a clear plastic line so you could see if there was air in the line while you were priming.

best of luck .

Advertisement