Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good photo lab in Ireland?

Options
  • 08-02-2009 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 27

So far I got large print runs done by photobox.ie but I need something closer to home. The .ie domain suggests that the company is Irish but in fact the lab is located in London.

Quality is good but shipping times are not. They print an order within an hour of uploading but with Royal Airsure Express it took two WEEKS for the prints to arrive - on two occasions! The normal (and cheaper) air mail takes "only" between four and ten days.

So I'm fed up and am now looking for recommendations of a photo lab in the Republic which offers:

- good quality
    - image upload
    - delivery by post

They don't need to be cheap as long as they are good. And they should not try to "improve" my images without asking. :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Gunns do prints by post afaik.

My local fujifilm shop dose prints for me, got a 8x12 done bout a year ago and it turned out very good.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

i do a good bit of printing for people here

I am based in foxrock

my aim is quality as apposed to cheap

if i can help give me a shout

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ault

Bit of a thread bump...

I used photobox last year, but their website is currently quoting prints from €9999.92... and is appearing to me in French.

So I thought that I'd ask to see if anyone has any insights... I do a few prints/year, with the exception of the yearly Inflatable Santa print run of 100 4x6. Ideally, I'd like a lab professional enough to provide a colour profile, but will settle for the promise to not autocorrect contrast and hue if asked nicely.

Delivery by post essential.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭John mac

what are peoples feelings on snapfish.ie ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Heebie

John mac wrote:
    what are peoples feelings on snapfish.ie ?

I know they used to have a policy that when you uploaded any photo to them, you transferred the copyright to then, and they started selling it as stock photos.
    I don't know if that's still the case, but there's no way I'd use them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement