Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wilson Kipsang handed suspension

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

skyblue46 wrote: »
    Speaking of which...Ruth Jebet. How in the name of God can she keep her Olympic title and status as a former world record holder? Is it even remotely plausible that she won the Olympics and held a world record clean and then decided to start doping?

Asbel Kiprop got to keep his gold medal from Beijing 2008 to, a medal he was only awarded after the original winner Rachid Ramzi, was banned himself for testing positive for a banned substance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭Ceepo

But it never has all been from the runners. Doping is about and has been about. The mean times for elites has improved even though many doped before and after the shoes introduction.

Speaking of which...Ruth Jebet. How in the name of God can she keep her Olympic title and status as a former world record holder? Is it even remotely plausible that she won the Olympics and held a world record clean and then decided to start doping?

Absolutely no doubt that peds play a huge part in a lot of the performances that we are seeing now.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,027 ✭✭✭opus

Imagine it can't end well when a police officer is arrested.

Wilson Kipsang arrested for after-hours bar lock-in during coronavirus curfew

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭skyblue46

Daniel Wanjiru banned now. 2016 Amsterdam and '17 London winner. How long will Kenya avoid a Russia type ban?

Daniel Wanjiru banned now. 2016 Amsterdam and '17 London winner. How long will Kenya avoid a Russia type ban?

While not trying to paint them all with the one brush, it's really hard to believe in any of the results over the past years... unfortunately.

I also think the agent and coaches have a lot to answer for. Some of these athletes are only the pawns !! Imo...

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Tin of Tuna

WILSON!!

I was very disappointed to hear of Wilson's indiscretions in recent years following a most noteworthy career. However, I like the rest of you will always remember his burst for home during the Olympic marathon of 2012 splitting a 5k in 14.11. The crowds in London provided the greatest marathon spectacle on earth and Wilson may have reacted to the cauldron of chaos and let a then young Stephen Kiprotich strike for home against a faltering Wilson to claim Olympic immorality for the nation of Uganda. An epic race and one for the ages that will live long in the memory of those fortunate to watch either in person or on the television over a seasonal brunch on a sweltering Sunday in Summer.

As I sit here with a little taste of Spring, I lift my glass to Wilson, to Stephen, to the marathon and runners everywhere among this virtual universe to where I now reside

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,484 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

WILSON!!
    ... Olympic immorality...

Freudian slip?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,027 ✭✭✭opus

Fake photos & makey-uppy landslides, not a good defence! It makes me sad to see more & more of the African runners getting caught & of course makes you wonder about the rest :(

Kipsang hit with four-year ban for fake photo and violating anti-doping rules

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,855 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

opus wrote: »
    Fake photos & makey-uppy landslides, not a good defence! It makes me sad to see more & more of the African runners getting caught & of course makes you wonder about the rest :(

Kipsang hit with four-year ban for fake photo and violating anti-doping rules

There is massive concerns for the welfare of Wilson at the moment. He seems to be going off the rails totally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,855 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Russia was a state sponsor drug ring.

In Kenya long distance running there is a few training groups. Kipchoge group seems to be clean and no accounts of drug cheating.

Kipsang was part of a group but mainly trained on his own. Over the last 18 months he has gone off the rails and real concerns about him now.

Then you have Kosgei training group, alot of red flags about that group and alot of drug cheats caught in that group.

Why does Athletics let that group run I don't know.

OOnegative wrote: »

Hard to be surprised now when we hear of another suspension.

And just to show the Kenya don't have the monopoly on doping...

https://www.runnersworld.com/news/a33340092/masters-champion-gets-four-year-ban/?utm_medium=social-media&utm_campaign=socialflowFBRW&utm_source=facebook

Advertisement