Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Best Value Picture Framing

• 13-06-2020 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭

Hi,

Any recomendations to get picture framed in Dublin?

Thanks,

B

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Garlinge

Sorry this is an old post but I see no answer. Yes you can spend a lot on frames! I have used a place called Village Framing on Dodder Park Road. I often recycle old frames, perhaps with a new mount for watercolours. You can buy ready made mounts or have cut to your specs. I have tried buying a section of mount board and cutting it myself, no good.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭borus22222

Thanks, much appriciated response.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Garlinge

I keep an eye out for nice looking frames ... Ikea has good selection and Homebase have restocked with range that I found good (simple wooden frame for watercolour) then they appear in budget shops also. You can customise a plain wood frame with a white wash maybe bit of wax finish. I have taken my frames to a framer to finish off nicely with decent mount even a double mount. Mounts are important touch. I have also gone to trouble of changing a mount in a picture to make it look better in a changed decor, huge variety of shades available so give it thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Red Hare

Frame FX on the Phibsborough Road are good and not too expensive.

Advertisement