Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hyundai reboots Ioniq as an EV brand

Options
  • 10-08-2020 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64,915 ✭✭✭✭

Announced today. Starting with the "Ioniq 5" crossover in 2021. 800V battery packs and 350kW charging. Looking very promising. The Hyundai share has shot up since the announcement.

Linky

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

350kw charging speeds. Well.. things just got interesting... What's the highest people have got on ionity here?

I know th 350kw is peak, but if it can average >100? 150?
    200? Overr the whole charge it won't take long to top up the battery

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,745 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Great to hear that charging level, eCars already on the back foot

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 64,915 ✭✭✭✭unkel

graememk wrote: »
    350kw charging speeds. Well.. things just got interesting... What's the highest people have got on ionity here?

Last year the Porsche Taycan was already charging at over 260kW on Ionity. Tesla Model 3 can charge at 250kW on Tesla super charger V3

It's good to see that even budget cars will get those sorts of charge speeds very soon too

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭3d4life

So, did they pull the bigger ( 40kW ? ) battery Ioniq that was to come here last year ?

3d4life wrote: »
    So, did they pull the bigger ( 40kW ? ) battery Ioniq that was to come here last year ?

The bigger battery Ioniq (39kWh) is the only Ioniq EV that has been for sale since the start of this year. The Ioniq Classic (28kWh) was discontinued last year. I guess this exercise is to build a brand name based on the excellent and well deserved reputation of the Ioniq Classic

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,815 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

3d4life wrote: »

No, the Ioniq 38 is still available for purchase, I've seen a few on the road, I think the front looks like a Superman crest.

• Moderators Posts: 12,367 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Poor decision imo. There'll be lots of talk about ionic this, ionik that, and if they're luck some actual talk about ioniq... The brand... Not the 2 cars of the same name... with mixed reviews.

• Moderators Posts: 12,367 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

liamog wrote: »
    No, the Ioniq 38 is still available for purchase, I've seen a few on the road, I think the front looks like a Superman crest.

I missed my chance the other day to park beside a model S and then the ioniq38 behind me park beside me. Don't think I've ever seen 3 EVs parked in a row (dealership excluded)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Thierry12

unkel wrote: »
    Last year the Porsche Taycan was already charging at over 260kW on Ionity. Tesla Model 3 can charge at 250kW on Tesla super charger V3

It's good to see that even budget cars will get those sorts of charge speeds very soon too

What makes you think they will be cheap?

Looks up market to me

Lexus style

Thierry12 wrote: »
    What makes you think they will be cheap?

Looks up market to me

Lexus style

4 car generations ago, cars from Korea were crap. 3 generations ago they were mediocre, 2 generations ago they were catching up and last generation they were class leading in many ways. I'd say this is just the next generation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,658 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

unkel wrote: »
    Announced today. Starting with the "Ioniq 5" crossover in 2021. 800V battery packs and 350kW charging. Looking very promising. The Hyundai share has shot up since the announcement.

Linky

Very clever marketing from Hyundai.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

Don't think I've ever seen 3 EVs parked in a row (dealership excluded)

Four Ioniqs :eek:.

60jKxoG.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,422 ✭✭✭eagerv

Kramer wrote: »
    Four Ioniqs :eek:.

60jKxoG.jpg

The black one looks as though its' been sat on.....:)

Advertisement