Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Any taxi drivers on here?

• 23-10-2008 10:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭

how much is it for two people and 2 cases in extras? I am sick of taximen adding amounts on when I am on my own ffs so just wanna be sure.

also if any on here, would you fancy a job to the airport tomorrow night sat morning leaving Fairview at 12:40am?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

http://www.taxi.ie/taxi-fares-Dublin-taxi-meter-area.shtml

I use phoenix cabs, near cabs i think they are also called for my airport trips. I have found them punctual and reliable albeit at early hours on a monday morning. They are based in dorset street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

there used to be a thread here where you could ask directions but it seems to be gone but the folks over in commuting & transport should be able to help you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Jay D wrote: »
    how much is it for two people and 2 cases in extras?
    It is €1 per extra passenger. There is no longer a charge for luggage - if you are charged extra for luggage, report the driver to the taxi regulator.

There is also a €2 charge for bookings and an extra rate for nights/Sunday/Bank holidays.

FFS folks - those of you who use taxis regularly should know this. I use them about once a year at most, and I know what they are entitled to charge and what they are not! :rolleyes:

I think I'll move this thread to C & T.

(9,999th post :D)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

It is €1 per extra passenger. There is no longer a charge for luggage - if you are charged extra for luggage, report the driver to the taxi regulator.

There is also a €2 charge for bookings and an extra rate for nights/Sunday/Bank holidays.

FFS folks - those of you who use taxis regularly should know this. I use them about once a year at most, and I know what they are entitled to charge and what they are not! :rolleyes:

I think I'll move this thread to C & T.

(9,999th post :D)

Maybe you'd do better printing it off and sending it to the TRs office and ask them why they wasted so much money telling people and still they don't know before they go!!

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Spook_ie wrote: »
    Maybe you'd do better printing it off and sending it to the TRs office and ask them why they wasted so much money telling people and still they don't know before they go!!

ah yes. It's all the regulators fault that folk still have the memory of the many years when you were charged for having a bag on your lap even though it was only a charge if it was in the boot (or luggage platform) and if you objected you were told where to go.

I see here in Cork one of the taxi drivers unions is meeting to decide on what action to take to protest over Bus Eireann running late night buses over the Jazz weekend. Obviously it suits the taxi drivers more to have folk queuing up for hours rather than getting a bus home.

Fairplay to Cork Taxi Co-Op who came out and said that given the volumes expected they were happy to see any additional services to move people home.

• Advertisement

parsi wrote: »
    ah yes. It's all the regulators fault that folk still have the memory of the many years when you were charged for having a bag on your lap even though it was only a charge if it was in the boot (or luggage platform) and if you objected you were told where to go.

I see here in Cork one of the taxi drivers unions is meeting to decide on what action to take to protest over Bus Eireann running late night buses over the Jazz weekend. Obviously it suits the taxi drivers more to have folk queuing up for hours rather than getting a bus home.

Fairplay to Cork Taxi Co-Op who came out and said that given the volumes expected they were happy to see any additional services to move people home.

Well considering the Taxi Regulator has spent so much money on their advertising campaigns ( remember the slogan "Now you'll know before you go" ) it would obviously seem to have been a total waste of time and money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,512 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Well considering the Taxi Regulator has spent so much money on their advertising campaigns ( remember the slogan "Now you'll know before you go" ) it would obviously seem to have been a total waste of time and money.

Aye, because the OP doesn't know these details, then clearly the entire campaign was a waste. TaxiDrivers logic at its best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

Aye, because the OP doesn't know these details, then clearly the entire campaign was a waste. TaxiDrivers logic at its best.

Given that OP seems to use taxis and yet is still utterly unaware of a 26 month old fare structure that has been heavily advertised in all facets of the broadcast and print media, well displayed in taxi cars (front and rear), caused taxi strikes in 2006 that made front page news and yet still needs to ask how much and what can be charged, it certainly appears to be a waste of money;)

Hamndegger wrote: »
    Given that OP seems to use taxis and yet is still utterly unaware of a 26 month old fare structure that has been heavily advertised in all facets of the broadcast and print media, well displayed in taxi cars (front and rear), caused taxi strikes in 2006 that made front page news and yet still needs to ask how much and what can be charged, it certainly appears to be a waste of money;)

Wasn't there a leaflet delivered to every home as well ( maybe not every but a hell of a lot! ) detailing it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

Wasn't there a leaflet delivered to every home as well ( maybe not every but a hell of a lot! ) detailing it?

There actually was, now that you mention it, and it was inserted in a great many copies of local phone books. One can't but think of Homer Simpson and the phone codes changing in Springfield :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

Thanks to all it was just to confirm what I already believed was the truth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Jay D wrote:
    ]a job to the airport tomorrow night sat morning leaving Fairview at 12:40am?
    Jay D wrote: »
    Thanks to all it was just to confirm what I already believed was the truth.
    Just as a matter of interest, what were you charged this morning and were there any 'extras'?

Woden wrote: »
    http://www.taxi.ie/taxi-fares-Dublin-taxi-meter-area.shtml

I use phoenix cabs, near cabs i think they are also called for my airport trips. I have found them punctual and reliable albeit at early hours on a monday morning. They are based in dorset street.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news BUT that link is slightly out of date, there was a new fare structure implemented in Sept 2006, which even now is being replaced by one due to start 1st November.

Advertisement