Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leopardstown/Sandyford to Tallaght/Citywest

• 20-04-2004 10:30am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I might be moving to the brewery road area of leopardstown/sandyford in the next month or so...

I work in CityWest and currently take the 65B from town everyday....

looking at dublinbus.ie there seems to be a route from leopardstown/sandyford to tallaght. Its the 75 route. I also hear there is a 77 or 77A that takes this route as well...

Does anyone take this bus from this area to tallaght? Where are the stops? Are they near brewery road? Are these routes well serviced and how long does it usually take?

Are there any other bus routes or alternatives that may be usable also? Even a bus to terenure from leopardstown would be good...

Anyway thanks for any info you may have...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,490 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by Third_Echelon
    I might be moving to the brewery road area of leopardstown/sandyford in the next month or so... I work in CityWest
    Why??????? Shouldn't you get somewhere convenient to work?

The 75 goes from the Square to Dun Laoghaire via Nutgrove, Dundrum, Stillorgan Village and Foxrock Church.

The 50X and 65B go from Killinarden Heights to UCD via the city centre. The schedules on both are unlikely to suit you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

The lads I'm living with at the moment are moving out there to be closer to work and I was considering to move with them as well.. but i'll prob be moving in with another friend in town.. handiest really...

yeah i thought that it would be akward... my suspicions have been confirmed...

Thanks...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Andrew Duffy

You should have been be able to take a tram, but Mary O'Rourke scuppered that possiblity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,107 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

it would have been 2 trams via the city centre, and would have taken well over an hour - still not great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

That's a huge, troublesome commute. Expecially on the 75.

The 75 is pretty rare, unreliable, and goes all over the world. You'll be doing aroun 2.5 hours commuting per day. Madness tbh :)

• Advertisement

yeah thats what i thought... thanks for the info lads...

cheers..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

The quickest way to do it would be get the 46A to town and get off somewhere in Donnybrook. Then take a walk over to Rathmines and get the 65B from there.

Soon the Luas will be open, so you could get the Luas to Portobello/Ranelagh and take a walk to the same bus route.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,490 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by jesus_thats_gre
    The quickest way to do it would be get the 46A to town and get off somewhere in Donnybrook. Then take a walk over to Rathmines and get the 65B from there.
    Well as far as the canal.

that would be a nice walk around dublin in the morning and would take ages...

it just seems a bit too akward altogether... the 65B sometimes can take up to 50 mins depending on traffic which is directly related to the time you get it at... the earlier the less traffic etc... i can just see it being problematic... easier to live in town i think...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

Luas from Sandyford terminus to Grand Canal (20mns), walk from there to Rathmines Rd Lower (5mns) and 65B to Citywest (40mns?)

Otherwise 75 to Tallaght (about 45mns) and 65b to Citywest.
    The 75 is about every 30mns frequency

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

that would be a nice walk around dublin in the morning and would take ages...

Well no, it would be a 2 minute walk from Lesson bridge down the canal.

talkin about the total journey here...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

talkin about the total journey here...

worst idea ever. Don't bring this upon yourself voluntarily.

Originally posted by uberwolf
    worst idea ever. Don't bring this upon yourself voluntarily.

...don't worry i wont be... decision made...

Advertisement