Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GOMO Phone Network

Options
  • 09-09-2020 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hi all,

I have been with GoMo for about 6 months never had an issue until now well kind of my GoMo sim would not allow a personal hotspot I reported it and was brushed under the carpet by them. I did not mind this much as it worked but...

They started to block premium numbers like the ones Paypal and some banks use to send you the authentication code I have been back and forwards now and no luck ComReg are involved and but GoMo do not care. I would think this will be a massive push for them as it is the premium numbers like this that the scams are being sent from but a good mobile provider can stop most of the bad ones.

I contacted them and was told by a customer service employee that they wont help me unless I confirm what network they use I asked PayPal they wont hand out this information.

I honestly thought they were a decent service but obviously you do pay for what you get I just wanted to start this and give an honest opinion on GoMo as you hear a lot of bad and good so I wanted people to know what you are facing if you go with them.

I popped down town and bought a Vodafone sim again never again will I go near GoMo again

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

I'm with Gomo and just set up a wireless hotspot out of curiosity, no issue at all.
    I'm not sure what numbers you mean when you say premium, I received my ulster bank authorisation code a few days ago without issue, but they may use a different service. Also don't get charged for 1890 numbers which my mother does on Vodafone.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 darrencan1988

It was just my sim that was not allowing it and they ignored the issue. That is what I am trying to highlight the lack of service knowledge or the lack of customer service when you face a real issue.

The main issue is they appear to be locking down the premium numbers like 62222 or so on they send from the bank now but because GoMo are trying to lock their network down it will eventually cause an issue for users may not be for a week or months or a year but they are not a reliable service provider at all

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

There have been some issues with banking texts (2FA) with Gomo. They're not premium numbers, Gomo are probably just making up excuses to not bother fixing the problem. Comreg have even less interest in directing Gomo to resolve it. The best you can do is move to another network or else get a SIM from 3 in a spare phone to use for 2FA.

Gomo allow hotspot so not sure why it didn't work for you, did you try it in another phone? Bear in mind that Vodafone have sneaky tethering charges if APNs aren't editable on your handset.
    Also don't get charged for 1890 numbers which my mother does on Vodafone.

Since last December all 1890 numbers are included in plan minutes so there shouldn't be extra charges for those calls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Bikerman2019

I have been running a gomo in a lte router without problem. It was strong enough for netflix and one month hit 79 gig

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭Pataman

48Mobile(Three) have launched a €7.99 pm sim. All-in and 100GB data

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

It was just my sim that was not allowing it and they ignored the issue. That is what I am trying to highlight the lack of service knowledge or the lack of customer service when you face a real issue.

The main issue is they appear to be locking down the premium numbers like 62222 or so on they send from the bank now but because GoMo are trying to lock their network down it will eventually cause an issue for users may not be for a week or months or a year but they are not a reliable service provider at all

The network is under no obligation to support short codes. Virgin have had feck all short code support since they launched.

Its €10/mo, not sure what kinda CS you expect for that. You don't get a michelin star meal in McDonalds.

Advertisement