Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA 2K21 / NBA Live 21

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,522 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Locker code for emerald MJ card.

MyTEAM-MJ-SPOTLIGHT-CHALLENGES

I haven't played this in a few days, it's kind of annoying as it's a good game but i don't want to grind a crappy player.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Locker code for emerald MJ card.

MyTEAM-MJ-SPOTLIGHT-CHALLENGES

I haven't played this in a few days, it's kind of annoying as it's a good game but i don't want to grind a crappy player.

To be honest I pretty much grinded with my PG and I wasn't doing much worse with him than my 85 PF.

As I said previously the grind is needed either way for the badges(and max rating cap) as the VC alone doesn't really do much.
    You won't hit shots either way without the badges.

Just bomb it through season 1, then you'll get the 1000 salary as a starter. Doesn't take even a 1:5 games to do that.

I have my PF to 88 as I started to put VC into it again instead of directing it all to the PG and most guys online are 90+ now.

Seems a big change from previous years. I noticed this after a week.

I went back and started new career (never finished g League in my previous 2 attempts). Still PG, tweaked slightly and made a 2 way scoring machine like Russell westbrook. Ton of badges, mostly hof level so great build to work on.

Beat highschool and really enjoyed it even though you're supposed to be a beast in those games anyway but I'm determined now to plough on like you were saying. Will finish g League and get drafted asap. If vc drops in a sale, i will probably get some, especially if i get a gift card off santa.

I am loving G League, such a good story that's nice and light but i also want to stay the the G just to play with these guys.

John Tom and Tom John FFS :pac:

Finished G League, fecking draft is taking ages but just best zion at streetball so think I'm close. I'm no 2 pick behind Cobb, hoping to go to the bulls. Had a blast playing it so far even with my ****ty 66 rated guy. Also went with Harper. Omar is awesome but as soon as i saw her, i recognised her from The Killing. Tough scene turning Omar down though.

Haven't played an nba game yet but saw one of my endorsement goals was to play on a mobil garage court in the city so i decided to try rookieville again with my 67 PG. Thankfully it kept my progress from my other PG who just got Rookie II and it only took me 3 games to get Pro 1. They must have increased the xp to get out of rookieville sooner as i watched launch streams and it was taking forever.

I had great games online getting B or A performances but i was slow as **** and unless it was a dunk, my shots weren't going in including wide open layups. Saying that, most people were missing their shots so that made me feel better.

Not sure how much I'll get to play this now with cyberpunk but I'm really enjoying it. It would damn near be perfect if they allowed you to level up your player like NBA Live does.

• Advertisement

Haven't played an nba game yet but saw one of my endorsement goals was to play on a mobil garage court in the city so i decided to try rookieville again with my 67 PG. Thankfully it kept my progress from my other PG who just got Rookie II and it only took me 3 games to get Pro 1. They must have increased the xp to get out of rookieville sooner as i watched launch streams and it was taking forever.

I had great games online getting B or A performances but i was slow as **** and unless it was a dunk, my shots weren't going in including wide open layups. Saying that, most people were missing their shots so that made me feel better.

Not sure how much I'll get to play this now with cyberpunk but I'm really enjoying it. It would damn near be perfect if they allowed you to level up your player like NBA Live does.

The endorsements are the biggest shills ever. The garage games are the courts that are independent of the parks. I played one game of 1v1 and it didn't work so skipping that set(next is 10 games).

The Gatorade in the gym is another thats irritating, the second one says to get a score of 40 which only seems to be in the second game which is hard to get above 35 as they flash at that point and your time is basically gone.

Frankly with the endorsements its probably worth turning them off once they get complex. I've found I'm going into games trying to do X,Y and Z and I'm hogging the ball and getting frustrated.

I've maxed out my PF at 92 so any VC can go into the 76 PG.

Another thing I've noticed this year is that it's back to the days where your teammates brick open shot after open shot on your assists.
    Countless games with Curry shooting 3-10 etc whereas when I played them one game he shot 12 in about 4mins.

I'd like it if they patched the fast break issue where youre expected to pass the ball every time. How do they constantly break things that were fine.

In regards to the lay ups, my advice would be to use no timing online. I actually think the timing is broken as it is, as I find offline im getting far too many lates and I've had loads of reds as well when it seemed unlikely.

I dropped aiming after seeing all the good shooters in the park using the button. So I've turned it off a week or so, and I turn lay up off when I go online.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,834 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

People still playing this? How is it on PS5? The standard PS5 edition is on sale for 30, so I'm tempted. Is it a bad VC grind?

People still playing this? How is it on PS5? The standard PS5 edition is on sale for 30, so I'm tempted. Is it a bad VC grind?

I traded mine a few months back, the grind was too much. I enjoyed the story of the intro but season 1 was tough with low stats and slow upgrading. The city was a no-go as people wouldn't stay on the same spot as me as i want high enough level. When i did play, i wouldn't get a pass even though I'd end games with better stats than everyone else.

If this was free or very very cheap, I'd have no problem getting it and throwing in money for vc to get me to an enjoyable state as the gameplay is the best in years. 30 is still too much for me to dip back in.

I see it's in sale for 25 in smyths and Gamestop. Cex offering 26 cash if you sell it. Worth it for that alone to play through. If you do get it, you'll have a choice of joining a college League or G League. Go with the G and you'll be on a team consisting of main characters throughout 2k career stories. It's actually gas.

Hmmm, I may just wait so. I have the Mamba Forever edition in the wishlist, was gonna get that if it went down to around 30 but I doubt that'll happen. Might just wait for it to be a free Plus or Now addition.

Cheers!

• Advertisement

Hmmm, I may just wait so. I have the Mamba Forever edition in the wishlist, was gonna get that if it went down to around 30 but I doubt that'll happen. Might just wait for it to be a free Plus or Now addition.

Cheers!

Honestly, that would be ideal. The vc that comes with that gets you straight to 85 and great starting point but since it's the first of a new gen, i doubt it will go on sale or go to plus. Such a pity, if they would cut the vc crap, it would be such a brilliant game but when people are buying the game and also 60 quid with of vc at launch as a regular practice across the fanbase, can't blame 2K for keeping their hand out.

NBA 2k21 is 5 euro on ps4 psn sale today. 20 euro on PS5. I was tempted to get the ps4 version but apparently it's worse than the current gen which has put me off. Think I'll just wait and see what NBA 2K22 has to offer. Speaking of, this leak looks legit.

NBA-2K22-Cover-Release-Date-Leaked-1280x720.jpg

NBA 2k21 is 5 euro on ps4 psn sale today. 20 euro on PS5. I was tempted to get the ps4 version but apparently it's worse than the current gen which has put me off. Think I'll just wait and see what NBA 2K22 has to offer. Speaking of, this leak looks legit.

NBA-2K22-Cover-Release-Date-Leaked-1280x720.jpg

They offered it for about e5 as well around now last year.

Do you mean you were tempted to get the PS5 version?

Being honest there's a bit of a difference to the last gen.
    The last gen was a copy of 2020, the next gen was at least a bit different and worth a spin if you didn't play it.

They offered it for about e5 as well around now last year.

Do you mean you were tempted to get the PS5 version?

Being honest there's a bit of a difference to the last gen.
    The last gen was a copy of 2020, the next gen was at least a bit different and worth a spin if you didn't play it.

Nah, meant the ps4 one. I had the ps 5 one but got bored of it. The city was their worst iteration of park yet and career mode was too grindy. Great gameplay but i feel i would have enjoyed it way more if i just splashed on 200k vc at launch.

Thought it might be worth trying the ps4 one but apparently the park is plagued with cheating and has the same ol grind.

Night install nba live 18 again, most fun bball game I've played in years.

Nah, meant the ps4 one. I had the ps 5 one but got bored of it. The city was their worst iteration of park yet and career mode was too grindy. Great gameplay but i feel i would have enjoyed it way more if i just splashed on 200k vc at launch.

Thought it might be worth trying the ps4 one but apparently the park is plagued with cheating and has the same ol grind.

Night install nba live 18 again, most fun bball game I've played in years.

Oh 100%, don't bother with last gen. It's effectively a cut and paste of 2020.

Even the next gen wasn't miles different but the last gen was the same game.
    It won't fill a hole anyway.

I haven't played in months now. Unless you have a squad to run with it really only has a certain shelf life playing the CPU and park with scrubs.

Shame really as it could be a long haul game if I had squads to play with.

Decided to download NBA Live 19 again and sickened i don't have any of my previous save data but it's still a breath of fresh air to play. You start off crap but level up after nearly every game. I like how you unlock gear and can buy loot boxes (in game money only), make your own court and make your own team. Playing in places like Brazilians courts is always a joy.

Your player starts off a bit crap though and some canned animations. I still remember Live 18 feeling better to play.

The gameplay isn't good enough to play League or full games imo but suits the short Street ball perfectly.

I was tempted by the €20 too, but iirc when they did this offer with 2K20 it was free on Plus/Now not too long after. Not sure the PS5 version will be, but too many negatives and push for VC that i've been hearing about is putting me off. Will probably wait for it to be free or splash on 22 if they remove the career VC grind!

Advertisement