Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 4) *Updated Warning in 1st Post Re:Boxing match

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

It's tomorrow already.... which means they are in London today!

Although to them it's still tomorrow...... that the London presser is I mean, not today, today is still yesterday for them.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭tinpib

Jaysus, 3rd time seeing this Siver stuff on the UFC YouTube channel.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Django99

Travis Browne couldn't open a can of beans at the moment he's a completely shot fighter :pac: No idea what the relevance of that is anyway because Floyd is fighting Conor not Travis.

The simple concept I'm getting at is fighters are alpha-males and Floyd has a big ego. Boxers like Floyd for a long time thought they were the *hardest* guys around.

Floyd can't intimidate Conor like he could other fighters, in any setting other than a boxing ring under boxing rules on August 26th because until then, he's the first opponent he knows he can't beat in a regular fight.

That's true but he'd still kill McGregor!

My point is that this tour is pretty irrelevant as far as the actual fight goes. Neither of them will get in each other's head, or achieve anything significant other than ramp up the promotion.

It's all about selling tickets and getting the public interested.

Interviews with media seem to be confirming this. Neither are really talking about the fight, they're talking about how much money they are making, Mayweather is complimenting McGregor on his promotion skills. I'm still of the full belief that as far as an athletic contest goes, this is a non event.

Sure, McGregor is gonna go out and give it his best, try to do what no one has ever been able to do and knock out Mayweather. But the key element for both is that this is a huge payday.

Mayweather is rolling back the years, one last day in the sun. For McGregor it's breaking new boundaries in terms of how much he's paid. The fight is secondary to both of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭Never wrestle with pigs

Gamebred wrote: »

Did you see him nearly suck floyed off when he came for the interview? What a sap. Anyway I'm out feck it I'll see it tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Django99 wrote: »
    That's true but he'd still kill McGregor!

My point is that this tour is pretty irrelevant as far as the actual fight goes. Neither of them will get in each other's head, or achieve anything significant other than ramp up the promotion.

It's all about selling tickets and getting the public interested.

Interviews with media seem to be confirming this. Neither are really talking about the fight, they're talking about how much money they are making, Mayweather is complimenting McGregor on his promotion skills. I'm still of the full belief that as far as an athletic contest goes, this is a non event.

Sure, McGregor is gonna go out and give it his best, try to do what no one has ever been able to do and knock out Mayweather. But the key element for both is that this is a huge payday.

Mayweather is rolling back the years, one last day in the sun. For McGregor it's breaking new boundaries in terms of how much he's paid. The fight is secondary to both of them.

Well, I fundamentally disagree in terms of the contest.

I was pretty steady in my prediction that Floyd would win in a 9th round TKO but I'm slowly being converted to the dark side and can see Conor getting him out of there late in the 3rd round.

Just a feeling... don't shoot!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭monty_python

Is it over??
    Anyone have a link to re-watch it ???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

Not even started

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭alan0387

Is it over??
    Anyone have a link to re-watch it ???

Not started yet.......

• Registered Users Posts: 5,511 ✭✭✭bennyl10

alan0387 wrote: »
    Not started yet.......

Showtines link isn't on their channel anymore..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭monty_python

Not even started

Link please??

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭alan0387

Link please??

Go to you tube ufc channel, its on there!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

something to occupy rge brain till they arrive

And we're off.............

finally. disrespectful cnuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Django99

Well, I fundamentally disagree in terms of the contest.

I was pretty steady in my prediction that Floyd would win in a 9th round TKO but I'm slowly being converted to the dark side and can see Conor getting him out of there late in the 3rd round.

Just a feeling... don't shoot!

I won't shoot!

I know you've unbelievable respect and belief in McGregor, no issues with that. And it's great to have that "what if.." feeling. I've had it for various different athletes and teams and it's great to have that feeling of hope, to feel the impossible is possible.

But everything so far about this fight looks to me to not even really take that into consideration. Bringing Schaub in as the MMA guy is one example. Schaub too wants to believe that this can really happen, but as Rogan had to tell him before there are reasons top fighters are top fighters, there are levels to every sport. And this isn't even Mcgregors sport.

The closest I have seen to a boxing expert respecting Mcgregors chances is Andre Ward, and he still gives him zero chance of winning. Just that he could make the first few rounds interesting.

Mayweather is delighted with how everything is going so far, huge crowds, loads of interest. He's been through all of this before with truly amazing boxers like Canelo, De la Hoya, the list goes on.

This time it's not even a pro boxer he's facing, and the money will be even bigger for him. It's a no lose situation.

The same goes for McGregor, he could be preparing to fight Woodley, Khabib or Ferguson, all of whom would have the ability and desire to really hurt him and his legacy. Instead he's facing a 40 year old, smaller, very defensive boxer. There's a much smaller chance of getting hurt and a payday multiple times of what he would get in a UFC fight.

I've said from the beginning everyone has already won, the contest is already over. Contracts are signed, and tickets and PPVs will be sold.

The fight itself, I truely think it comes down to however Mayweather feels. He could certainly finish it within 6 if he really wanted, in what would most likely be a corner stoppage. However there's no real need for him to do that, so my prediction is a comfortable decision win.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Get the **** off the stage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭tinpib

Ah FFS, get Stephen Espinosa out for the love of God. Get the vocal cords warmed up for booing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Why do they get assholes to open these shows?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Who in da Christ is that screaming at the poor fvckers sitting waiting?!?!?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

This is painful.

White folk translation:

Cook out = Picnic / BBQ.

I feel like stabbing myself.

Ah lads I started on the alcohol expecting to watch the conference at half 11........... I have tomorrow off but i wasn't expecting to still be drinking at half 1 waiting for this :(

Who the sh!t is this guy on stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Sniper, please, sniper, pull the trigger

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Say what

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement