Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread - Capital Punishment

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,512 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

The advantage argument re Semple/CP/PP is moot to an extent.

Really boils down as to whether games at this qualifier stage are meant to be neutral venue - the rule book should state clearly whether this is the case or not. And further define exactly what neutral means.
    As long as you have a situation whereby some relatively unknown bureaucrat can make an uncontested decision and say 'its for the greater good' then you leave yourself open to an unsatisfactory outcome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

That's some conclusion.

Well, yeah....all 1.2 million of us, have the exact same opinion on everything, all the time. Did you not get the memo on that boss?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭blue note

Could they just declare semple a neutral venue to make the dubs happy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

blue note wrote:
    Could they just declare semple a neutral venue to make the dubs happy?

We could all pretend to be mad about it to keep you happy;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭blue note

Stoner wrote:
    We could all pretend to be mad about it to keep you happy

My girlfriend is from dublin and mad at me. She says it's because I'm choosing to go out drinking after the match instead of doing something with her. But I know really she's mad about tipp having home advantage when dublin never get it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

blue note wrote: »
    My girlfriend is from dublin and mad at me. She says it's because I'm choosing to go out drinking after the match instead of doing something with her. But I know really she's mad about tipp having home advantage when dublin never get it.

How was your right hand born in Dublin, and the rest of you wasn't? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

http://www.hoganstand.com/Dublin/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=272660

Minors into the final on Sunday week.

Great news Kildare have had an edge there for a few years

• Registered Users Posts: 13,151 ✭✭✭✭JRant

That's a great win for the young lads, delighted for them.

Kildare have been going great guns this past few years. If they can translate some of that talent into the senior team we might just get a game in Leinster soon :)

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Joekers

Any radio commentary or way to watch the hurling online?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 954 ✭✭✭caff

Joekers wrote: »
    Any radio commentary or way to watch the hurling online?

https://tippfm.com/

Not on TV, due to GAA HQ and their tactics to increase match attendence by witholding TV coverage

Disaster

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

4 goals conceded in the first half, tipp made **** of dooley in the league and it sound like theyre doing it again.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

It was always going to be tough going to Thurles, but man, that's a bad scoreline, and it's not even over yet.

Hope the lads who walked away from the panel are thinking long and hard tonight, the young lads have done tremendous all year feel sorry for them to be going through this now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭The White Feather

The second half has just begun and Tipp get another goal.

I presume this means the end of Cunningham in Dublin today

Hope the lads who walked away from the panel are thinking long and hard tonight, the young lads have done tremendous all year feel sorry for them to be going through this now

F**k that its their right to not to give up a huge chunk of their lives just to be abused by misused a cork clown.

the sooner this game is over and ger and his carpet bagging pals are packed into their clown car to return to langerland the better

Bambi wrote: »
    F**k that its their right to not to give up a huge chunk of their lives just to be abused by misused a cork clown.

the sooner this game is over and ger and his carpet bagging pals are packed into their clown car to return to langerland the better

I understand that completely I just couldn't leave any friend to sink like that, they should went about it in a much better organised way. Its just so disheartening for everyone involved.

All will be delighted to see GC gone Monday morning but like where do you go from here?

All will be delighted to see GC gone Monday morning but like where do you go from here?

Hope he takes half the county board with him?

Hope he takes half the county board with him?

And rightly so I would say but just how did we get to this point when just before Daly left we couldn't praise the county board enough for the work behind the scenes etc so what has gone so wrong since then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Been following Dublin hurling since the early 70s. Safe to say this is probably the worst humiliation of all. Thank fk no TV station showed it.

GC gone, but as above, the ones who walked away need to have a look at themselves too.

This will all have implications down the line, as it did in Cork and Limerick, no matter who's in charge next.

And rightly so I would say but just how did we get to this point when just before Daly left we couldn't praise the county board enough for the work behind the scenes etc so what has gone so wrong since then?

Andy kettle passed away is my guess. Daly had a few run ins with the football-first contingent in the board

Andy kettle passed away is my guess. Daly had a few run ins with the football-first contingent in the board

That never crossed my mind tbh, I wouldn't have much knowledge of what goes on in the background just go on what is out in the public domain.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

I heard Ger Cunningham is going to be given another year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

corny wrote: »
    I heard Ger Cunningham is going to be given another year.

Haha good one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

Would Liam Sheedy do the job?

TBH it wouldnt f**king suprised if they didnt

they should be taking the gob****e to court, his level of ineptitude is beyond incompetence and into malice

Badabing wrote: »
    Would Liam Sheedy do the job?

I thought he said he'd only manage tipp? Could be wrong mind

At this stage I'd rather we fell or rose under one of our own, at least we wouldnt wind up with another shower of carpet baggers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

Bambi wrote:

He works in Dublin, big job in one of the banks. Could do worse

Badabing wrote: »
    He works in Dublin, big job in one of the banks. Could do worse

I'm pretty sure the idea was floated before and he ruled himself out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Bret Hart wrote: »
    Haha good one.

I'm itching to hear his post match thoughts. He's gonna throw everyone under the bus if he's already been told he won't be kept on.

I'd like to see a Dub get it too.

At this stage I'd rather we fell or rose under one of our own, at least we wouldnt wind up with another shower of carpet baggers.

What about Mattie Kenny?

Couldn't head down to the game today unfortunately. Heard it was pretty much over after 20 minutes but the lads kept ploughing away with the same tactics regardless. Can't say I'm surprised at the score line. Tipp have dished out a few hidings to us recently and this is just another one to add to a pretty impressive resume for us under GC.

One thing is for certain, he hasn't left us in better shape then when he took over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Cody may be available...!!!

corny wrote:
    I'm itching to hear his post match thoughts. He's gonna throw everyone under the bus if he's already been told he won't be kept on.

Whatever about who gets it it where they are from, the way he hangs lads out to dry is one of the main reasons lads won't play for him imo. I know BDog holds the players more accountable, but this isn't the 70's there's more commitment now than ever. At the very least the managers have to have your back. All the successful ones have that in common even when nobody else agrees. It's a team and a squad game now, management are part of the team.

Stoner wrote: »
    Whatever about who gets it it where they are from, the way he hangs lads out to dry is one of the main reasons lads won't play for him imo. I know BDog holds the players more accountable, but this isn't the 70's there's more commitment now than ever. At the very least the managers have to have your back. All the successful ones have that in common even when nobody else agrees. It's a team and a squad game now, management are part of the team.

Sure it was just before the Galway game where he said there was no conflict in the camp and lads walked because they could hack the commitment of inter-county hurling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭hinault

Dunno.

Is it correct that the county board allowed club fixtures to be played on the same day as the county team travel to Tipperary to play a championship game?

hinault wrote: »
    Dunno.

Is it correct that the county board allowed club fixtures to be played on the same day as the county team travel to Tipperary to play a championship game?

Yep, cant have the hurling interfering with a busy club football calendar. That's the problem that will remain when cunningham leaves. The county board don't really care.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Is he gone yet?

• Advertisement

hinault wrote: »
    Dunno.

No of course it isn't its disgraceful but who's the ones to blame on the board?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Stoner, its not that I hold the players responsible - and at end of day am not one nor know the ins and outs - but thought some of them might played given that he is finished anyway. If not then we are in serious bother. Big loser is Dublin hurling/ we could gave gotten beaten by Tipp like that 40 years ago ....

Is he gone yet?

Word is he's gone but nothing official.

Bonniedog wrote: »
    Stoner, its not that I hold the players responsible - and at end of day am not one nor know the ins and outs - but thought some of them might played given that he is finished anyway. If not then we are in serious bother. Big loser is Dublin hurling/ we could gave gotten beaten by Tipp like that 40 years ago ....

GC has set Dublin hurling back a decade if not more. It's going to take a long time to recover from this mess unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

Bonniedog wrote: »

My issue on Sat there is no leader on the field who was controlling the game wanting to win.

The worst thing was there was brief flashes of the them wanting to play but then they seemed to remember they wanted to be on the bus home.

I saw very little in the way of pride in wanting to be playing for Dublin.
    I don't blame the players at all it's all rotten what ever has happened there.

Kilkenny people around me where as upset as me about the display from Dublin on Sat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,910 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

coolisin wrote: »
    My issue on Sat there is no leader on the field who was controlling the game wanting to win.

The worst thing was there was brief flashes of the them wanting to play but then they seemed to remember they wanted to be on the bus home.

I saw very little in the way of pride in wanting to be playing for Dublin.
    I don't blame the players at all it's all rotten what ever has happened there.

Kilkenny people around me where as upset as me about the display from Dublin on Sat.

For some of the goals it seemed like some Dublin players went left, others went right and the rest waved them on.

YcbTSOi.gif

With Dooley occasionally charging out of his goal to add to the chaos

Another of the Tipp goals Breen was let run from midfield with no challenge or attempt to stop him.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donal55

washman3 wrote: »
    Cody may be available...!!!

I see Cody wont be sanctioned as the incident isn't mentioned in the refs match report, or in other words Spillane kept his gob shut.

Donal55 wrote: »
    I see Cody wont be sanctioned as the incident isn't mentioned in the refs match report, or in other words Spillane kept his gob shut.

Yeah, I seen that happen at the time and even though there wasn't really anything in it I thought he could be in a spot of bother over it. Then I realised it's the GAA we are talking about and knew nothing would come of it. The most inconsistent shower of gombeens you'll ever see.

Not only was the qualifier on in a "neutral" venue but some genius decided to play a round of Dublin hurling matches at the same time. I mean it's almost as if they don't give two shïtes about the supporters. Look at the Wexican/Waterford game scheduled for PUC on Saturday afternoon. Not a thought for the fans having to travel. That game should be on in Nowlan, end of, but they have to pay for the shiny new stadium that nobody really wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

The county board have to take a lot of responsibility for the current state of the senior hurling team.  It has been obvious for well over a year now that things have been regressing but they have done nothing to stop it and let GC carry on and then the final insult is to fix a round of games at the same time the county team is playing
    The hurlers do not bring the revenue streams that the footballers bring and it seems that the county board only care about that.  If the footballers were in the same mess, it would have been sorted a long time ago
    The next appointment is crucial and should not be a quick Davy Fitzgerald type fix

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donal55

MDM back to full fitness and available and Jim Gavin to resume broadcasting / interviews with RTE from Sunday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

Donal55 wrote: »
    MDM back to full fitness and available and Jim Gavin to resume broadcasting / interviews with RTE from Sunday!

Only thing left to sort now is with DC gone and Philly possibly not lining out we really need a pantomime villain for Sunday - Cooper may fill the role short term

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement