Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

McGregor vs Aldo---December 12th **Main card 3am. Conor v Aldo approx 5am

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭TheNap

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    WOW what a co main! Tickets will be gold dust !!

Still think they will be easier to come by than 189

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

TheNap wrote: »
    Still think they will be easier to come by than 189

Without the McGregor crowd tickets will be easier to source than you'd think, most of the crowd who went to vegas didn't even have a clue what was going on to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

jcd5971 wrote: »
    Without the McGregor crowd tickets will be easier to source than you'd think, most of the crowd who went to vegas didn't even have a clue what was going on to be honest.

Why wouldn't there be a McGregor crowd at an event headlined by McGregor?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

ASOT wrote: »
    Why wouldn't there be a McGregor crowd at an event headlined by McGregor?

I think he means the "real" McGregor fans.

Of course, the definition varies...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

I think he means the "real" McGregor fans.

Of course, the definition varies...

There are multiple levels of real fans.

1.) he is my mate from Crumlin
    2.) I train in SBG with him
    3.) I was a fan since Cage Warriors in the Helix
    4.) Managed to miss the prelims but made it to the main card for UFC Dublin.
    5.) Holiday to Vegas to watch the McGregor fight with de lads/me fella.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

The "Platinum Club" fan is if you were one of the bullies that led to him taking up boxing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭TheNap

Believe it or not im all 5 ..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Yeah I could've explained that better to be honest. I was referring to the group number 5 guys who went over for hype and a summer holiday, nothing wrong with that either by the way, just I don't reckon as many casual followers will go in December therefore tickets should be a bit easier to get, as I said I could of been a bit clearer

• Registered Users Posts: 16,523 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

When are tickets likely to go on sale for this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Yeah out of the thousands of irish there in July a heap of them came in just before McDonald fight, and there were lots of J1 guys that won't be close by to attend however there are now two very big US fighters on the card and the Brazilians that didn't come in July will attend.

Plus the guys who went to Boston that maybe skipped the next event. If the calibre of fights keeps to this height I think it will be tough to get tickets. I am 50/50 if I go I would prob have to skip Dublin and I don't think that is the answer as I have been watching for too many years before Conor to skip a Dublin event. Don't think I fit into one of the 5 above :) Although I was at the Helix.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

Your missing the kind of fan that had no idea about MMA because its on at awful times. So the hype of Conor brought them in a year ago and now they subscribe to fight pass and buy most PPVs... (Yes I'm describing myself :D )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭wylie

Still nothing from McGregor or Aldo, No press conference no twitter. WTF is going on?

Hopefully they are relaxing the hype train, over saturation of the hype will piss off lots of fans and is Conor still in the middle of the TUF job?

Joe.ie will have lots of comments about mcgregor love, believe lots of non fans are sick to the teeth of seeing him.

Presume Conor will do him camp in Vegas again, wonder will he have as many with him though? Surely some of them won't be able to go over with him if this trend continues. Wonder if he has plans to use some locals to help him.

wylie wrote: »
    Still nothing from McGregor or Aldo, No press conference no twitter. WTF is going on?

Conors still filming TUF I think and Jose is in Brazil where there's no Internet or computers.
    Hopefully they are relaxing the hype train, over saturation of the hype will piss off lots of fans and is Conor still in the middle of the TUF job?

Joe.ie will have lots of comments about mcgregor love, believe lots of non fans are sick to the teeth of seeing him.

Presume Conor will do him camp in Vegas again, wonder will he have as many with him though? Surely some of them won't be able to go over with him if this trend continues. Wonder if he has plans to use some locals to help him.

Joe.ie deserve all the stick they have been getting the sites gone to the dogs full of so much **** it's ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

I believe they are staying here for this camp and only going over 4 weeks before the fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Swarlez

Kavanagh wrote in an article for 42.ie that they would do 10 weeks in Dublin and the last 4 in Vegas this time

Here it is: http://www.the42.ie/john-kavanagh-column-august-12-2015-2267957-Aug2015/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,312 ✭✭✭xtal191

ASOT wrote: »
    Joe.ie deserve all the stick they have been getting the sites gone to the dogs full of so much **** it's ridiculous.

Horrible website

xtal191 wrote: »
    Horrible website

Every day it gets worse and worse. Makes my eyes bleed.

Yeah its horrible alright, must get it out of my likes. Thanks for the 42 link.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,221 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Am I a 2.5 then?

Only been to 1 Cage Warriors event and that was Pendred vs Mills headlining.

But I saw McGregor twice before his CW reign, at Chaos Fighting Championships in Derry. Won both impressively in the first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Going to book today :) Any last minute tips or dos and dont's? :P

Book MGM if you can afford it

Book MGM if you can afford it

Looking at Luxor, since it's still walking distance it's surely worth saving the €100 or so no?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,088 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Looking at Luxor, since it's still walking distance it's surely worth saving the €100 or so no?

It's "walkable" but it's not close. It's also across Las Vegas Boulevard, which is a pain to cross.

If you want to sae a few quid is check;
    NewYork NewYork : directly across and connects to the MGM lobby by A walkway.
    Ballys: the original MGM from the 60s. Has the biggest rooms on the strip, and at the tram stop adjacent to

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Yeah I think staying in either MGM, New York New York or Excalibur is the #1 thing. That way youre right in the thick of the action. MGM is the most expensive, then NYNY, then excalibur.

I also think if you're going, try get there for Tuesday. Having the open workouts Wednesday, press conference Thursday, and weigh ins Friday is a great buzz, and builds the week up brilliantly.

Thanks guys :D Booked the MGM in the end. Worked out at €846 PP for 5 nights. Excited isn't the word :P

dulux99 wrote: »
    Yeah I think staying in either MGM, New York New York or Excalibur is the #1 thing. That way youre right in the thick of the action. MGM is the most expensive, then NYNY, then excalibur.

I also think if you're going, try get there for Tuesday. Having the open workouts Wednesday, press conference Thursday, and weigh ins Friday is a great buzz, and builds the week up brilliantly.

Ahh gonna just miss the open workouts arriving weds night

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Ahh gonna just miss the open workouts arriving weds night

Not to worry, if I could miss any of the three it'd be the open workouts. They were fun but they did drag on a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Deadst4r

What time is the press conference usually around?

• Advertisement

Deadst4r wrote: »
    What time is the press conference usually around?

I think it was about 10.30am local time, in the KA theatre in the MGM itself. Seriously cool theatre. There were gangs of Irish queing from about 8am to get in by all accounts, but there really was no need because you could just land up at 10.15 and get in just as easy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement