Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hypocritical - me??

Options
  • 10-06-2014 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,067 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone else notice at certain times that they are being hypocritical?

I hate to admit it, but I am myself sometimes, examples being

a) giving out sh*t about people at concerts, taking photos/videos with their phones - guilty (albeit when p*ssed)

b) giving out that there are no reviews on a product I want to buy - guilty of never submitting a review in my life

c) giving out about kids being fussy eaters - guilty - I hate peppers, onions, garlic, cauliflower etc.

So what about you AH'ers - I know you are judgemental, pass remarkable and far from pious - but are you hypocrites? ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,411 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

I often think what the hell is this crap but end up replying to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

I give out about people giving out. I'm consciously trying to rein it in, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

The world's not the same without garlic and onions, you're really missing out OP. Cauliflower I can do without.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Alf. A. Male

On foot, I despise how people drive in the city centre. As soon as I am in the car, those fcuking pedestrians annoy the shite out of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,320 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

everlast75 wrote: »
    b) giving out that there are no reviews on a product I want to buy - guilty of never submitting a review in my life

I'm guilty of this one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

This discussion requires what would be known as a 'Czarcasm test', after a certain boards member.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭caustic 1

A HUH, I'm a hypocrite, judgemental, and don't really give a dam.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

caustic 1 wrote: »
    A HUH, I'm a hypocrite, judgemental, and don't really give a dam.

Let me guess, if we can't handle you at your worst we don't deserve you at your best?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭rwg

I dont mind hypocrites, but cant stand people who dont like onions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

I think everyone is a hypocrite to some degree.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭caustic 1

Let me guess, if we can't handle you at your worst we don't deserve you at your best?

Such a crock of sh it, what I mean is I don't set out to please anyone any more. It honestly doesn't bother me if I am liked or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

I'm not a hypocrite, just do as I say, not as I do.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,449 ✭✭✭tigger123

And he says, 'Because you've got so terribly pretentious.' And Harry says, 'Pretentious? Moi?

That was the first thing that popped into my head when I read the thread title.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭diegroblers

I'm not a hypocrite, just do as I say, not as I do.

Be reasonable, do it my way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Paramite Pie

It's perfectly normal to be a hypocrite. I realised this years ago, and once I was aware of it, I noticed I despised other people a lot less. It's hard to hate people when i realise that I'm just as bad at times.:)

We're naturally judgmental creatures but I've adopted the "ah sure they're grand - everyone does that" attitude when people annoy me.

Now the number one thing that really annoys me is people who don't realise their hypocrites and get all offended when I point it out. Urgh... don't talk to me about those people.

I'm guilty of seeing people being judgemental, and judging them for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Man In The Nip

How the **** does one not like garlic ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

The best specimens of hypocritical threads are found in the Prison forum under system as I'm sure former prison inmates will attest.:D

Advertisement