Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

When was the last time that you cried?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭caustic 1

Honestly can't remember thankfully,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

Can't really remember, I think after I got to a certain age I just began to believe crying was not acceptable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

When Bambi's mother died.

Those bastards that killed her shall never be forgiven.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Can't remember, not since I was a child anyways. The GF thinks I'm a bit of a robot because I don't frequently cry about things and that it's not natural :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Watching the Supervet programme.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,357 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Can't really remember, I think after I got to a certain age I just began to believe crying was not acceptable.

What's unacceptable about it? I ask as a man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

When I stepped on a plug last weekend in the dark... T_T

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

Birneybau wrote: »
    What's unacceptable about it? I ask as a man.

Nothing, but that is what is in my subconscious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 286 ✭✭fathead82

2 years ago when I had to get my sick german shepherd put down,cried like a little girl on the way to vets,in vets & all the way home,very embarrasing for a 30 year old fella,have changed vets since.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,693 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Every time I watch Kramer Versus Kramer, and when I watched this for the first time:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Alf. A. Male

During Italia '90.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Deise Packers

Italia 90. Toto Schillaci. I was 7. Never forget. Never forgive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

I got some dust in my eye when I heard my unborn child's heartbeat for the first time. Other then that, very rarely.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Ditto. That programme really tugs at the heartstrings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

fathead82 wrote: »
    2 years ago when I had to get my sick german shepherd put down,cried like a little girl on the way to vets,in vets & all the way home,very embarrasing for a 30 year old fella,have changed vets since.
    Vets are accustomed to this, your gender and age are irrelevant. If someone doesn't cry at having to do this, they clearly shouldn't have pets in the first place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Boards.ie downtime

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭looking_around

3 weeks ago.
    my dog got killed 2 weeks before that.. and I had been crying most of that time.

about 4 years ago, I used to believe crying shameful and weak(for me). and I hadn't cried for about 15 years. therapy has helped, though I still feel a twinge of shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭thomas anderson.

When I stubbed my toe on my mothers vagina on the way out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭genericguy

Yesterday, when my dog was put to sleep. nobody knows though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

The second last episode of Derek,
    when the dog was put to sleep
    . It had me in tears tbh!

And then the last episode
    when his Dad died
    also had me welling up!

Damn you Ricky Gervais :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

During Italia '90.

"Packie Bonner can nail me to the bed anytime!!"
    "I know what you mean love!!"

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭anto9

When i had a serious argument with my wife .Longest bout of of crying was when each of my parents died .( of natural causes).I can cry easily just from looking at a sad movie that gets me involved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,671 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

7 years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Maphisto

fathead82 wrote: »

Not ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles

On my honeymoon, at a sunset. Christ :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

About an hour ago.....

Yes, I'm a wuss....

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭fearrua

About three years ago I stayed up all night to finish a college assignment, e-mailed it in and decided to watch Up for the first time. Cried like a wee babby at the opening scene. I blame it on sleep deprivation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭maguic24

Last month. I had a serious case of PMS and couldn't find any chocolate. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 387 ✭✭top madra

It brought a little tear to my eye

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Fiolina

I cried last night when my big 18 year old man boy son broke down over doing his Leaving Cert maths today. Hadn't seen him cry in about 5 years.

I cried this morning after I dropped him to the exam as he was so stressed and nervous.

And I cried with relief when I finally got him on the phone this afternoon and he said the exam had gone ok.

Hopefully I'm done now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭urabell

Cry all the time it's healthy. Just not in public, then it's needy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

That time I was on that singing competition and they did a bt about my life and how the granny i never met or gave a **** about died from neglect and how much I missed her and whatnot.
    I think they played coldplay over it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

I cry a lot, I cry at happy things, I cry at sad things. I watched ET last night and shed a few tears.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭toxicity234

Saturday. Watching Offaly Vs Killkenny.
    Not joking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Yesterday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

Saturday night whilst watching some tv programmes. Guaranteed to blub at something no matter what I watch :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭maguic24

I don't cry that often but when I do, I cry and cry and cry.....it's like an outburst of emotion.

I cried for ages when I was six when Max died, he was half collie/half greyhound and would follow me everywhere. He was a puppy when I was a baba. The worst think about it was he got killed following me to school. :( The doggy heaven thing softened the blow but I was still devastated. :(

I also cried for a 2 weeks straight when I was 17 over a very close relative dying. :(

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Oink

A few years back my very old, very sick, very loved Auntie told me: "I will see my sister, your Grannie, very soon". And this grown man nearly told her "Give her a kiss for me". I had to turn away.

Here I go again. Dammit Auntie :( ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I don't cry.

What I do is squeeze my emotions into a bitter little ball and release them at an approprate time. Like that day I hit the referee with a whiskey bottle.

Remember that? When AnonoBoy hit the referee?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭Muise...

Yesterday morning. A beloved family member died ten days ago and I woke up from the first full night's sleep I've had since then -slept so well I only remembered he was dead when halfway through waking up. Horrible feeling. I had also forgotten that you shouldn't cry while lying on your back, or your tears will fall into your ears and tickle you.

Hate crying in public, but there's nothing wrong with going somewhere quiet and getting it out of your system.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭masti123

Last time i cried was years ago when I was 14, i was just listening to some songs, felt sad and cried for no specific reason, it was a weird experience, have never felt the urge to cry since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Dr. Zaius Dr. Zaius!

About 20 minutes ago, and probably within the next 20 minutes again....and for what reason?....NOT A DAMN THING!

Oh the joys of PMS!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Maphisto

When my Dad died.

And funny, but I can handle the anniversaries and birthdays OK - little things trip me up. Like I was just up the barns and he'd made a hook to store a cable when we were up there sometime and I'd never noticed it until now, 2+ years later.

If I'm on my own that's OK - if not it's the pollen or something in my eye ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Karmella

fearrua wrote: »
    About three years ago I stayed up all night to finish a college assignment, e-mailed it in and decided to watch Up for the first time. Cried like a wee babby at the opening scene. I blame it on sleep deprivation.

+1

It wasn't the last time I cried, but the start of that movie was just the saddest thing I ever saw! I bawled and every time they mentioned the book or the wife later on in the movie I was off again.

I was very pregnant at the time though - so I'd like to think that is why....but I've never been able to bring myself to watch it again - if my kids ever want to watch I might have to skip forward about half an hour :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,357 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Actually, on the bus last year. Some creep pulled my earphones out, cried even more.

And again on the Green Line Luas...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Last week when people kept posting sad animal videos in the "Are You Sentimental" thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

Karmella wrote: »
    +1

It wasn't the last time I cried, but the start of that movie was just the saddest thing I ever saw! I bawled and every time they mentioned the book or the wife later on in the movie I was off again.

I was very pregnant at the time though - so I'd like to think that is why....but I've never been able to bring myself to watch it again - if my kids ever want to watch I might have to skip forward about half an hour :)

Being pregnant is a fair excuse. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Birneybau wrote: »
    Actually, on the bus last year. Some creep pulled my earphones out, cried even more.

You sure it wasn't the luas green line?

I'm a sensitive enough sort of guy so fairly regularly. During the day and especially in sunny days like today I'm in a great mood and people will tell you I'm always in good form. But then I go to bed and can't sleep and start thinking about ways to kill myself, imagining my own funeral and heaps of self loathing I start to cry a little and feel like ****. Then I get a weird sense of relaxation and these are some of the best nights sleep I get.

I can't really explain it but I think maybe your mind needs to release these emotions and if I'm going around feeling fantastic all day my body maybe just needs to create a balance. I just don't know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

I was trying hard to think when the last time was. It was definitely watching this. I cried my eyes out during every single episode!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Resonator75

Just had a bit of a micro weep over Rick Mayall's death , feel like part of my childhood is gone away. Damn it anyway , quite upset by that :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement