Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

telekinesis psychokinesis and telepathy

• 01-06-2004 12:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭

anyone want to give this a go?

how do they do that spoon bending and mind reading ????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭minority

:)

These are magic tricks. You wont get a magician to tell you how to do these ones :)

They wouldnt be able to do them themselves after they told the world :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭keu

LOL..minority..I'm comming after you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭N_Raid

There are a lot of different ways to make it look like you're reading someone's mind. It just depends on which illusion you do. (guess the picture they draw, figure out their job etc.). As for the spoon bending one, I know the two main ways of doing it but as minority said, I'm not gonna tell you. Just rest assured that these are not paranormal feats of the mind but tricks carried out with great skill and showmanship.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭MeatProduct

I think some reading on shamanism would be useful here. Actually, the book I'm about to finish "The Art Of Dreaming" might be applicable. The author describes how all matter is energy (nothing new here) but also that thought and consciousness are pure energy. It doesn't take much reasoning on that basis to conclude that there could be intereactions between these energies and possibly result in the modification of the enery of the physical object (e.g. a spoon). In this book the author describes a great many energy interactions.

Nick

Originally posted by MeatProduct
    I think some reading on shamanism would be useful here. Actually, the book I'm about to finish "The Art Of Dreaming" might be applicable. The author describes how all matter is energy (nothing new here) but also that thought and consciousness are pure energy. It doesn't take much reasoning on that basis to conclude that there could be intereactions between these energies and possibly result in the modification of the enery of the physical object (e.g. a spoon). In this book the author describes a great many energy interactions.

Nick

Trust me. Its sleight of hand and illusion. Easy to do with a bit of practise.
    I can also stop my heart and pulse which gets gasps from people (of course it doesnt really stop though)

Its nothing to do with energy at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭MeatProduct

Originally posted by minority
    Trust me. Its sleight of hand and illusion. Easy to do with a bit of practise.
    I can also stop my heart and pulse which gets gasps from people (of course it doesnt really stop though)

Its nothing to do with energy at all.
    It's not a matter of trust. I respect your opinion, I expect the same from you. I have no doubt that tricks can emulate these happenings.

Nick

I know a lot of hypnotists and the witnessed the power of suggestion, but I'm not talking about parlour tricks, maybe to put the thread back on topic, the most commonly experienced case of "paranormal" are instances where people know when the phone is going to ring, or getting a feeling that something has happened to a family member who may be thousands of miles away and later finding out the thought was right.
    Most people do this quite frequently.

Originally posted by remote viewer
    I know a lot of hypnotists and the witnessed the power of suggestion, but I'm not talking about parlour tricks, maybe to put the thread back on topic, the most commonly experienced case of "paranormal" are instances where people know when the phone is going to ring, or getting a feeling that something has happened to a family member who may be thousands of miles away and later finding out the thought was right.
    Most people do this quite frequently.

most people do this all the time but only remember the thought that actually came true. forgetting the ones that didnt

most people do this all the time but only remember the thought that actually came true. forgetting the ones that didnt
    does that negate the fact that you were right?

just out of curiosity minority...do you actually believe in anything outside of yourself, or things (paranormal) that cannot be explained by current scientific methods?

I was reading about kenetts fetishes over in after hours while flicking through this..thought it was....interesting..heh
    Thursday 2nd June 2004 - Unexplained Powers: Sexual telepathy

Telepathy literally means distant feeling, from the Greek words “tele”, as in telephone and television, and “pathy”, as in sympathy and empathy.
    Sometimes erotic feelings seem to be transmitted telepathically, as David and his girlfriend found. He told me: “My erotic thoughts about her stimulated her sexually at a distance of a hundred miles, with no prearrangement.”

Separated lovers may often think erotically about each other, and coincidences can happen by chance. Rigorous experimental research on sexual telepathy would be difficult to organise, and as far as I know, no one has even tried.

Less happily, some people seem to pick up telepathically when their partners are being unfaithful. Ben had just got home from work when he had a vision of his girlfriend having sex with another man. Ben phoned her. He said: “She was shocked now to hear from me and didn’t want to talk because she had someone in bed with her.”

Kylie’s husband was on a business trip to the United States when she felt a sense of panic and despair. She told me: “I couldn’t sleep that night and saw images of my husband making love to someone else. I decided to write down what I experienced. The next night the same thing happened. When he came home he read what I had written in those sleepless nights and confirmed it all.” Fortunately, Kylie and her husband overcame this crisis and are still happily married.

Sometimes people try to communicate by erotic telepathy with their lovers, but probably no one attempts to communicate their infidelity. Telepathy does not depend on deliberate intention, but on emotional bonds. It is not surprising that it works with sexual feelings.

heh heh

• Advertisement

Originally posted by remote viewer
    does that negate the fact that you were right?

just out of curiosity minority...do you actually believe in anything outside of yourself, or things (paranormal) that cannot be explained by current scientific methods?

Of course. i can feel the sexual energy coming from all of your posts :)

Seriously though, i have had experiences that i couldnt explain but i will always try to explain them before thinking along the lines of paranormal activity.

I had a dream while staying in a house once that a ghost was sitting beside me when i woke up. Now i thought i was awake, but the only rational explanation was that i was still asleep, so i turned around and went back to sleep.

Told the people in the house about the dream next day and they said that they saw the ghost several times.

Now i hear they recount my dream as me really seeing a ghost. How would they know? They just chose to believe it was with no prof. They didnt even experience my ghost. I even told them i was dreaming, but they forgot about that bit.

There is plenty of stuff that cant be explained by scientific methods. I just object to all of these ideas about astral planes and energies etc that people just believe.

I had a seance once and rigged it so as things oved etc. Everyone there now believes in seances, even after i showed them how i did it i hear from our other friends that they left out the part about me fixing it and told everyone about things moving etc and that they could feel a presence.
    Some people just want to believe.

Now i hear they recount my dream as me really seeing a ghost. How would they know? They just chose to believe it was with no prof. They didnt even experience my ghost. I even told them i was dreaming, but they forgot about that bit.
    was the ghost someone you knew? or did it just appear like a "ghost"?

example.... I was very soundly asleep when I got an image of my father (who was deceased) very abruptly. It startled me so much I woke up. I half sat up in bed feeling a bit puzzled at what I had seen when I heard my name being called (in my fathers voice)..he just said "come back".
    newww...I don't go around hearing voices all the time..but I was pretty sure I heard what I heard..so without even thinking about it..I went back. I returned instantly to the image I had previously seen and even though still a little shocked, ended up having something of a conversation with my father (went along the lines of.."bet you din't expect to see me here")

So next morning when I woke, I couldn't get rid of the image and the experience, because it was so real. Many people might consider that this was a fanciful creation of my imagination...I wasn't under any illusions about that either. Until I called my mother to tell her about my dream. She said she had just hung up the phone after speaking with my sister who just relayed the same information. She described her dream exactly as I had.

The thing was, both my sister and I were there in the room when my father died(and both dreams were almost a re-creation of that scene, where both of us were standing on either side of the bed)
    So in some way, although I felt the dream was very real, I considered the information my sister gave me as confirmation that it was more than just an imagintive occurance.
    Or at least if it was, it was a very productive one.

Have had lots since...and usually I get confirmation too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

thats cool remote! i definately think that our dreams give us an opportunity to meet those that have passed away.

a similar thing happened to me after my nana died. i was very upset over it as we were very close and was pretty much inconsolable. then i was sleeping one night and there she was. sitting on the wooden chair at her kitchen table grinning at me. i wont divulge what was discussed but basically i woke up with an enormous sense of relief and felt happy within myself again.
    sure it can be argued that this was just my subconscious but i know it was her.

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,256 ✭✭✭Elessar

Hi remote viewer,

I've just read your account of the "dream" you had with your father and found it fascinating. In case you didnt know, these are called After Death Communications (ADCs) and many many, people have them. They tend to happen simultaneously to two or more people, like a brother and sister who can both confirm it. Just like in your case. It is easier for people who have passed onto higher planes to contact us here when we dream, because dreams are basically unconscious-like OBEs. Our consciousness leaves our physical body and acts out or thoughts in a reality similar to where people who have passed on are (basically thoughts are creative).

You said you had lots more ADCs, would you be so kind as to share with us some more? :)

You said you had lots more ADCs, would you be so kind as to share with us some more?
    don't know where to start. There were two significant dreams. I also saw his face in front of me like a hologram while dozing off one night.
    It all started at the hospital, just before he died.(long story)
    lots of things really..and coincidently, I started doing it for others too. .(unintentionally)
    have to say though, I grew up with that stuff, he was a healer- had his own nde when he was young and spent his life invesitgating the paranormal. Had lots of books on the subject. (I was a skeptic until he died)
    Talking of books..not long after he passed, we went to clear out his office and found a book open on his desk (Betty shine-mind to mind), my mother gave it to me to read and the page it was open on was very significant. Been activley involved now for about five years I spose...Lots of little things, lots of stories. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

Originally posted by keu
    I was reading about kenetts fetishes over in after hours while flicking through this..thought it was....interesting..heh

Hmm... I don't think I revealed any of my fetishes, unless somehow you divulged them from what I was saying? :eek:

Also, that telepathy stuff makes a lot of sense to me, even more because my family sometimes practice it as such, you know "What am I thinking?" or "Draw the shape/item I'm thinking of."

I tend to be able to "read" minds at the most interesting times, lol..... Then I can sometimes pick up feelings from what someone wrote, but only if I'm pretty close to them.

My younger brother and I are strangely connected in some very weird way. We always start singing a song that the other person would just be thinking, and I'm not even talking about current songs, obscure that were released in April 1994 that just pop into our heads. It freaks me out and happens nearly every few days but I've never really taked to him about it. There are other things aswell but the song thing is something that sticks out.

Advertisement