Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green Flame

Options
  • 24-05-2004 11:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭

A fella i work with told me tonight that he woke up in the middle of the night last week and saw a big green flame in the middle of his room. after a few seconds it just disappeared.

he said that his mother told him that she heard similar stories discussed on the radio and apparantly seeing a green flame is one often seen when spirits begin to haunt a certain place.

he told me that this wasnt the first spooky experience that his family has had. his younger brother used to see the ghost of a monk. the figure had the monks robe with the hood up but the face was a skeleton. their mam had teh house blessed and the monk didnt appear again.

pretty darn cool eh!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭minority

I woke up once and saw a guy with a hatchet over me.

Then i really woke up :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭catsup

i am cursed with an over-active imagination, but lack the necessary nerve. ive never actually seen anything but am always curious when i hear of things like that.

a couple of guys i know in college are livin in new apartments that were built on the site of an old house. a few months ago, one of the guys woke up in the middle of the night to see a young girl (5 or 6 yrs old) standing at the foot of his bed. she disappeared after a few seconds, and he swears it wasnt a dream. they later found out that a young girl has died in the old house years ago.
    a few more things happened to other people, like feeling a great pressure on their chest during the night, like someone was sitting on them. eventually they got the priest round and he fixed it.

also, is it bad luck to burn tarot cards?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭keu

also, is it bad luck to burn tarot cards?
    if it is I'm screwed.
    I've burned about five decks (my mother kept buying them for me.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Originally posted by catsup
    like feeling a great pressure on their chest during the night, like someone was sitting on them.

thats happened to me a few times. last time was the worst, i felt like there was somebody lying on top of me and i couldnt breath or call out even though i was trying to. then after a few minutes it lifted but then the bed kinda tilted down to the side, as if somebody was sitting on the edge of the bed. then it lifted again and was gone. it really freaked me out.

• Advertisement

have ghosts nothing better to do than sit on peoples chests :~

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

it would appear so :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

I have the ghost of a cat that comes around the odd time... It seems to like my bed for some odd reason. Then again, the two living ones do as well... Another funny thing is it sometimes happens when my black cat, Magenta climbs onto the bed, as if she's letting me know that she's coming onto it, seeing as I'm in it at the time.

My mum picked up an odd reading once on the EMF, at the end of my bed, that could be the cat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

kennett are you for real?

What is that supposed to mean?

Anyone who has a pet knows that they like sleeping beside their owners... Or anyone that lets them for thsat matter, come to think of it.

• Advertisement

he said that his mother told him that she heard similar stories discussed on the radio and apparantly seeing a green flame is one often seen when spirits begin to haunt a certain place.

are we talking earthbound spirits here?

scary freaky pics in gallery

(kennett, check out the ghostdog in photos at above link)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Originally posted by SheroN
    kennett are you for real?

No, he's a ghost. :)

Oh, Kennett....why did you call your black cat Magenta...?

She was named after someone from the Rocky Horror Show I think... I dunno, my mum and stepdad named her... I was 4 at the time.... O_o

Originally posted by remote viewer

(kennett, check out the ghostdog in photos at above link)

Freaky stuff....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭catsup

Originally posted by remote viewer

maybe theyre just crappy photos taken by an even crappier photographer, with a crappy camera? pardon my french, but its always a possibility.

maybe...but some of them are good..I like that one where the woman is standing behind the bbq and the one where the cop took a pic of the car after the road accident.
    but I've always considered much of those smokey images as strands of hair in front of the camera.

My nephew and his dad took this.
    I dont believe it but cant figure how they did it.
    They claim that there is a ghost in their house. He uses some kind of detector hooked up to a laptop to tell when to hit the button for the camera.

I've made it smaller in order to post it.

again, cropped and reduced.

They claim that she only appears when its dark too.
    Why would a ghost wait til dark?????

lmao..what am I supposed to be looking for?

lmao ..... how do you reckon they did it.
    They swear blind its a real ghost who lives in the spare room.
    It is cold in there, but i never understood why ghosts have to be cold either :)
    I think the radiators just need to be bled lol

• Advertisement

damn..I wish I'd listened more in photography, double exposure? I used to always get it on the end of a roll of film. (before digital)
    it's well done though. maybe someone in photography could enlighten us.

not sure about the temprature thing, I've heard a few explanations, but i'm thinking if ghosts are cold, it's because they don't have bodies in which to keep warm :rolleyes:

but thats no excuse for making everyone else cold lol

They had some guys up from UCC about a month ago.
    I went out for a nose. The place was covered from floor to ceiling in wires and weird looking antennae and cameras. The 3 guys got so excited when their equipment started buzzing and beeping i thought they were going to wet themselves.
    Fair enough it got cold (because someone opened the window upstairs) but i didnt see ghosts. They showed me a red blob 'walking' accross the room on an infra red screen, but i saw nothing when i looked, so reckon they were faking it.
    They are supposed to come back in July.

yes..I hear they like warm people.

I do have a load of pics here somewhere, but the disc magically disappeared *pooofff*
    lots of orbs and they were taken on digital, took them at my daughters school, it was a new camera, clean and dusted, but I suppose you can never rule out dust particles. (perfectly rounded spheres)
    I recommend taking a digital camera to a graveyard in low light and see what comes out, if nothing else it would be interesting, but most people usually come up with something.

Its like religion etc. People have no proof that god exists but they just HAVE to believe. :) Same with the supernatural.

this is true...but I still think everybody should run to the nearest graveyard and start taking pictures. and be back here by 12 midnight.
    [edit] and no photoshop editing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,412 ✭✭✭weemcd

Originally posted by minority
    lmao ..... how do you reckon they did it.
    They swear blind its a real ghost who lives in the spare room.
    It is cold in there, but i never understood why ghosts have to be cold either :)
    I think the radiators just need to be bled lol

i reckon its called adobe photoshop

hope this comes out right....kirlian photography..at its best.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭TommyK

Originally posted by minority
    I woke up once and saw a guy with a hatchet over me.

I woke up once and saw a horrific looking old skag *in* my bed and she was looking right at me with a evil crumbly yellow-tooth grin! :eek:

I screamed and sh*t on on myself . . .

. . . until I recognised her as my (now very much ex)girlfriend! :D

Tommy.

• Advertisement
Advertisement