Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ted Templeman biography

Options
  • 22-04-2020 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭

I received this book just over a week ago and finished it tonight. It is a great read and a great insight into the music scene of the late 60's and beyond in the States. Ted worked with some really great artists, but for me I wanted to read about his time with Van Halen in particular and the Doobie Brothers. Ted worked with some great artists over the years and has some great tales with Van Morrison amongst others.

Greg Renoff is the author and he wrote Van Halen Rising a few years back which charted the early days of the band up to the release of the debut album, also a great read and perfect time to get stuck into a book ;);)

49806415043_0b67020fbd_z.jpg

49806415008_a426d61949_z.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

I'd say that's an interesting read.
    Would love to know what happened around DLRs first solo album and VHs 5150.

He also did Aerosmith's Done With Mirrors, I'd say there are some stories there, a kind of forgotten album but an important one all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭rednik

Roanmore wrote: »
    I'd say that's an interesting read.
    Would love to know what happened around DLRs first solo album and VHs 5150.

He also did Aerosmith's Done With Mirrors, I'd say there are some stories there, a kind of forgotten album but an important one all the same.

Ted was due to produce Permanent Vacation but missed out because of DLR. Ted was close to both Dave & Sammy and has his own opinions on Dave leaving and Sammy joining which are really intersting and as you mentioned the recording of EEAS and 5150. Well worth the read.

Advertisement