Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dana White's Tuesday Night Contender Series -Discussion Thread

Options
  • 10-07-2017 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭

UFC® today announced a new, live, and exclusive UFC FIGHT PASS® show titled: Dana White’s Tuesday Night Contender Series, set to launch Tuesday, July 11, 2017. The new weekly series will feature five live fights in each episode, showcasing up-and-coming talent, as well as athletes striving to revive their professional mixed martial arts careers.

“This sport continues to get bigger all over the world, and the more fights we can put on, the more talent we can find, the better the events will be for the fans,” UFC President Dana White said. “I love looking for up-and-coming talent. This show’s going to give us another opportunity to bring in young fighters who we think have potential to make it in the UFC or maybe even one day become world champions. It’ll also give some fighters who might be in a slump or on their way out of the organization an opportunity for that last shot. I truly can’t watch enough fights and I think our fans will love this new FIGHT PASS show.”

Scheduled to be filmed in The Ultimate Fighter® gym in Las Vegas, White, alongside UFC matchmakers Sean Shelby and Mick Maynard, will be able to scout world-class talent right in the Fight Capital of the World. The Contender Series, which will be shot in front of a closed-studio audience, will serve as the ultimate vehicle to identify top prospects, and the next generation of UFC stars.

Contender Series bouts will feature both male and female athletes and be officially regulated by the Nevada State Athletic Commission (NSAC). All 11 UFC weight classes will be considered for the show and bout results will count towards athletes’ professional records.

In only three years, UFC’s digital subscription service, UFC FIGHT PASS, has become the number one online destination for true fight fans around the globe. Avid fans spend countless hours browsing the more than 7,000 videos in the world’s largest fight library, and watching exclusive live UFC events, in-depth interviews, and behind-the-scenes content. The new Contender Series adds fresh original programming to an already robust line-up that includes, Dana White: Lookin’ For a Fight, The Exchange, Where Are they Now?, and The 3rd Degree, among others.

https://youtu.be/grmDQfKux2s

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

The Reebok deal doesn't cover the dana white Tuesday night fight thing, but the fighters still are not permitted to have sponsors. Poor f*ckers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

So doesn't look like BT will have this, wouldn't mind watching however not enough to get Fight Pass back.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,980 ✭✭✭✭rob316

He really loves himself, the 2nd show with his name in the title.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭dashoonage

I'm gonna call this now. Conor McGregors Tuesday Night Contender Series coming 2018

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Anyone watching? gotta hear Snoop commentate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,885 ✭✭✭cletus

Gamebred wrote: »
    Anyone watching? gotta hear Snoop commentate

Watching with breakfast. Didn't even bother with the straight commentary. Spat out my cornflakes when Snoop started singing his lullaby

• Registered Users Posts: 29,526 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Only saw a clip of Snoop saying that grappling he was witnessing looks like Monkey Style, he saw Monkey Style before when a tried to climb on another guys neck. Faber didn't know how to respond :D this looks like it will be with watching for them alone.

Also, 'Dana said' the marketing team likes putting his name in front of things, he's not some ego maniac who has to have everything named after him. Suuuuuuuure DW.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Only saw a clip of Snoop saying that grappling he was witnessing looks like Monkey Style, he saw Monkey Style before when a tried to climb on another guys neck. Faber didn't know how to respond :D this looks like it will be with watching for them alone.

Also, 'Dana said' the marketing team likes putting his name in front of things, he's not some ego maniac who has to have everything named after him. Suuuuuuuure DW.

In fairness I believe him on that.

Having 'Dana White' just on the name does give it a boost

Great fight going on here and Snoop is baked calling it as expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

Two lovely back to back KO's there from Le and O'Malley.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,885 ✭✭✭cletus

Felt bad for Le, got the ko too, but fought a smarter fight imo

epic fight going on here 2nd fight in.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Some ko from middleweight Arvloski

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭seiphil

Loving this I have to say.

Shame it's only for the summer.

Advertisement