Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Fibre box 1A and Unify USG/Switch set up

Options
  • 29-11-2020 1:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭

Feeling like a right knob. Have moved from VF to Eir today (was supposed to be Weds but thats another story).

On FTTC with (was a VF) bridged box connected to Unify USG in turn connected to a Unify switch which had 4 unify access points and a unify cloud key connected. After some set up time the VF set up was rock solid...i know, should have left well enough alone for the sake of a few euros.

Anyhow, I was pretty confident that set up with Eir box would be straight forward enough and had some guides from the likes of meep and other posts.

But these were all based on the F2000 and primarily FTTH and I'm badly stuck after 6 hrs messing with it.

The eir box in labelled as a "Eir Fibre Box 1A 1.0". believe its called the F3000. Interface is completely different from what I've seen online for F2000. I did get into the settings and switched off wifi and switched on Bridge mode (did turn off DHCP at one stage but made no difference to the saga).

Next up is the USG, connected mac to it and says "Gateway is connected to the internet"...all green...even though connection type is DHCP. Connect USG to the switch and cloud key and no connection to internet when connect up mac to switch (can get into cloud key interface but says internet disconnected).

Changed settings on USG to PPoE with eir login and password (admin/moden password) and again all green but same result on switch and cotroller when do next steps. Interestingly if tick "Use VLAN ID" and set to 10 USG goes red and states no internet connection.

so in nutshell can get "The Gateway is connected to the Internet" on the USG using DHCP or PPoE (weird) but cannot get internet at switch/controller.

What the heck am I missing? Or does anyone know of "an idiots guide" to this one?

Thanks

Advertisement