Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Confusion about how to proceed with non-EEA fiancé and wedding during covid...

Options
  • 20-11-2020 5:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi everyone. 
    I don't know if this is the right forum to be asking.
    I have so many questions I just don't know where to turn for advice because it's one problem and complication on top of another on top of another!

Here it is:
    I want to marry my fiance.
    I am Irish living in another EU country, and he is American. 
    I understand that we would have to arrange a meeting 3 months in advance before our wedding because he is a non-EEA citizen. 

Does anyone know if these meetings are still going ahead because of Covid?

We don't know if we are going to live in Ireland or in the country I am currently living in. I can't find information on whether he would be allowed to live in the Schengen zone country where I currently reside after we marry. 
    I just don't know where to look for this information... and it's already very difficult being apart and trying to get things organised with all the restrictions and changes. 

Thanks so much in advance for any advice. 
    If this should be posted in a different forum, let me know. 
    Thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Kdenney

Hi, you would have to contact the local registrar in the county you want to be married. Go to hse.ie for information. They are not doing in-person meetings with COVID, but they will mail you the forms. Hope that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Eichhornchen

Thank you so much Kdenney!
    I have done so.

Advertisement