Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SIRO help

Options
  • 16-08-2019 10:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

I just moved into a new build house in Ballincollig and the rest of the estate was wired by siro a few weeks ago. They bypassed our row of about 10 houses even though the esb boxes and everything are set up. I contacted siro and they have no timeline as they don't recognise my brand new eircode or my neighbours. Anyone have any advice?

Eir aren't running copper or fibre either so there's zero broadband on our row.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭slith

I just moved into a new build house in Ballincollig and the rest of the estate was wired by siro a few weeks ago. They bypassed our row of about 10 houses even though the esb boxes and everything are set up. I contacted siro and they have no timeline as they don't recognise my brand new eircode or my neighbours. Anyone have any advice?

Eir aren't running copper or fibre either so there's zero broadband on our row.

Hi, I know this post is very old but I wonder how it turned out for you. I'm in a similar situation in Midleton. I checked availability with SIRO and they replied:
    we have investigated your availability query, and unfortunately, SIRO does not have any current plans to extend its roll out to your premises

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭SierraTango

It turned out that the contractors never put in ducts for ESB up to my row of houses. Got onto my TD and the builders who said it would be sorted but no update in months.

In the meantime, I had got broadband with eir who were the only service that would run a Cooper cable for me. Cancelled within the cool down period and went with Vodafone. Then upgraded it to FTTC and only last month got FTTH so same speed as SIRO.

Eircode updates every quarter. Hope this helps you! It was a long road for us!

Advertisement