Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

twin towers

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

yeah, the plane that crashed neaer pittsburgh, they said it crashed but everyone knows it was shot down
    imagine if you were one of the people in the plane, klnowing what was going to happen...urgh
    i saw this really horrible piece on the enws, where an irish guy was saying how his sister was on one of the planes, that crashed into the twin towers, where his brother worked....his brother survived...but urgh....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 hoolia

yeah, and did you hear about the ppl phoning they're loved ones from the plane saying they're going 2 die etc... yuck

and the ppl calling home from actually inside the wreakage that is the towers

that is horrible:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Monkey

If their were 4 more planes of course its a good thing that they were shot down rather than have them reach their destination. If they didn't shoot them down the people on board would have died anyway along with loads more...think of the lives that would have been saved if the planes were shot down before hitting the towers (provided they didn't hit anything else)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Gar_ptc

the one that didnt reach it's destination,outside pittsburgh,was because of someheroic passengers,they knew what was going to happen so did the only thing they could do...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

i just feel sick when i think about it
    at least there are a lot more survivors than expected
    i heard they found 5 (but it turned out to be 3 people) burried under rubble since tueday
    and it was raining last night too which gives them more air as they are in danger of running out down there
    it times like these though, when you realise how impotant volunteering and giving blood and things are...it was horrible on tuesday when they hospital's said they were running out of blood, and they couldnt get any in becuase the roads were closed off

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭Aspro

I felt sick and stunned by the events this week the same as most people around the world but we have to look into the reasoning behind this tragedy. Innocent American workers lost their lives; families lost sons, daughters, husbands and wives. But at the same time America is not the innocent victim in all of this. Ordinary Americans are probably more shocked than anyone else around the world because they have never had to face a terrorist attack of this magnitude on their own turf, and because their media only feeds them with what's happening in America, hence the lack of knowledge most Americans have with what goes on in the rest of the world. If they did have more of an idea they would realise that America has been ****ting all over most of the rest of the world for decades. We rarely hear about the victims of America's foreign policy - 300,000 Iraqi men, women and children who have died through American bombings and economic sanctions over the past 10 years. 750,000 innocent Cambodian peasants bombed to death between 1969 and 1973 in the struggle with Vietnam, arms supplied by America to the Indonesian military dictatorship in the mass murder in East Timor, and the list goes on and on. America likes to pride itself as the saviour of democracy while it is one of the most un-democratic countries in the West. Sure, they can sell weapons of mass destruction to different nations as long as they stay onside. When they don't, they become the new "bad guy". America doesn't have the "Commies" to blame anymore so now the big threat to "democracy" is Islamic fundamentalism. Convenient, isn't it, considering they always need an excuse to keep pumping money into the arms trade. What ordinary people around the world don't need now is another war with more lives lost. The Americans killed in the Twin Towers were the innocent victims. America is not. Let the suffering end there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭Paleface

I fully agree with your point however there is already worlwide outcry for a response from the Americans. They have never responded quietly to anything. Its still too early to tell how they will react but something will happen(diplomatic rather than military I hope) and America will be supported in its actions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 jimmy737j

thedrowner wrote: »
    originally, that 6 poeple were dead and 1,000 injured....
    and now they reckon there are 50,000 poeple dead...

3,000 people died.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

jimmy737j wrote: »
    3,000 people died.

17 years later I'm sure he will thank you for the reply.

Great first post though.

Advertisement