Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

20-06-2019, 16:28   #1
raher1

telling lies about you

Hi
I am wondering, why would a person hang around you and then tell lies about behind your back.
Is there a word to describe this behavior? Or a description? I am lost. I am a victim of this kind of person.
Advertisement
20-06-2019, 23:07   #2
Fathom

Quote:
Originally Posted by raher1 View Post
Hi
I am wondering, why would a person hang around you and then tell lies about behind your back.
Is there a word to describe this behavior? Or a description? I am lost. I am a victim of this kind of person.
Caution. Not a scientific source. See How to Survive a Character Assassination by Ryan Pannell in Huffpost.
Thanks from:
23-06-2019, 14:42   #3
raher1

That's great advice. It took off some of the pressure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathom View Post
Caution. Not a scientific source. See How to Survive a Character Assassination by Ryan Pannell in Huffpost.
Thanks from:
23-06-2019, 14:45   #4
Stop moaning ffs
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by raher1 View Post
Hi
Have to ask. If you know that’s what they’re doing to you, why you don’t just cut them off completely and explain to anyone they’ve told those lies to how they lied and why you’re cutting them off. (Also warm them that if they’re lying about you they’re probably lying and backstabbing about them too)
23-06-2019, 14:52   #5
looksee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stop moaning ffs View Post
Have to ask. If you know that’s what they’re doing to you, why you don’t just cut them off completely and explain to anyone they’ve told those lies to how they lied and why you’re cutting them off. (Also warm them that if they’re lying about you they’re probably lying and backstabbing about them too)
Life isn't always as linear and organised as that. And depending on the lies and who is being told, it can create more issues trying to explain than just ignoring it all.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
23-06-2019, 14:56   #6
Stop moaning ffs
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by looksee View Post
Life isn't always as linear and organised as that. And depending on the lies and who is being told, it can create more issues trying to explain than just ignoring it all.
I understand. I had a huge falling out with a great friend recently and he sees our gang and social group far more iften and did exactly the same to me and I have no recourse. In fact i won’t even bring it up cos it’ll look like me backbiting when I really just want a fair say.

The devious always win sadly.

I would make your pals aware and just cut that person off if I were you. Too late for me to take the advice but hope you can.
Thanks from:
24-06-2019, 22:11   #7
The Black Oil

What's the modern term, something similar to gaslighting...or something in that ballpark?
26-06-2019, 14:08   #8
raher1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stop moaning ffs View Post
I was the last to leave and what I can gather it's going on a while. This individual was reported to the Garda twice.
26-06-2019, 14:09   #9
raher1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Black Oil View Post
What's the modern term, something similar to gaslighting...or something in that ballpark?
Your close, it was that in the beginning but I broke free. It's now telling lies
Advertisement
01-07-2019, 23:16   #10
raher1

I am thinking two face wanker to describe this person

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size