If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart TV for kids room

Options
  • 20-07-2019 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭

Hi again lads, 
    I'm on the market for a small 32" or maybe 43" Smart TV for the kids room, I would prefer to be Samsung, all other telly's at home are Samsung and I'm happy with the performance. 
    I decided to ask here first, because so far, you haven't disappointed me with the service and prices. :) 

So, what you can offer me, like models and prices? 

Thanks in advance.  

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,146 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

T.w.a.T. wrote: »
    Hi again lads, 
    I'm on the market for a small 32" or maybe 43" Smart TV for the kids room, I would prefer to be Samsung, all other telly's at home are Samsung and I'm happy with the performance. 
    I decided to ask here first, because so far, you haven't disappointed me with the service and prices. :) 

So, what you can offer me, like models and prices? 

Thanks in advance.  
    Hey T.w.a.T

Thanks for coming back to us.

Lets start at the 32" side.
    There is the Samsung UE32N5300 coming in at £349 (Non 4K)
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-204182-samsung-ue32n5300-32-inch-smart-led-tv-1080p-hd-tvplus.aspx

For a 43" you would be looking at the 43RU7100 priced at £399
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203956-samsung-ue43ru7100-43-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-tvplus.aspx

Next in lne would be the 43RU7400 retailsing at £479
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203958-samsung-ue43ru7400-43-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-tvplus.aspx

All of the above also include our 6 year guarantee free of charge.

Let me know your thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭T.w.a.T.

Thanks Kenny, 

I'm leaning towards 43'' , what would be the major difference between 7100 and 7400, if you can tell?  Also, are these the best prices you can offer? :)

Thanks. 

Thanks Kenny, 

I'm leaning towards 43'' , what would be the major difference between 7100 and 7400, if you can tell?  Also, are these the best prices you can offer? :)

Thanks. 
    Hey T.w.a.T

There are a few small differences between the 2 sets.
    The stand is one difference which is not that important.
    The 7400 is also the starting point for the Samsung Smart control feature.

At the moment the pricing above would be the best I can offer on these televisions as they are both low margin items unfortunately.
    I can offer free shipping and you also get our 6 year guarantee free of charge.

Hi again, still trying to figured out, which one would be more suitable 7100 or to put the extra money for 7400. 

The main use would be Netflix and online PS4 gaming. 

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

Not being funny, but I've a 10 year old tv with a chromecast and I've a google home mini in the room. It's a pretty smart setup.

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 9,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi Antix80,

thanks for the input and great to hear that you are happy with your set-up - I think the OP is looking for a new TV rather than updating an older model - the  OP is a regular Customer and he knows his stuff - but again thanks for the input..

@ T.W.A.T - on the 7100 V 7400 issue - it IS only for the kids room but the 7400 does have better motion processing so for gaming you will notice quite a bit of difference ....but again it's only the rugrats room ...;)

Thanks guys and keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

antix80 wrote: »
    Not being funny, but I've a 10 year old tv with a chromecast and I've a google home mini in the room. It's a pretty smart setup.
    Thanks for that, but is not the way I want to set up the TV configuration, also there is no old TV, so need a new one. :) 

Hi again, still trying to figured out, which one would be more suitable 7100 or to put the extra money for 7400. 

The main use would be Netflix and online PS4 gaming. 
    Hey T.w.a.T.

The 7400 has the Billion Colours technology. (Dynamic Crystal Colour)
    The 7100 uses PurColor which is their entry level colour processing.

This in-turn means the 7400 will give the truer image and much better colours.

The Samsung Smart Control might not be of too much interest but if you have lots of smart devices then this can access and control a lot of these.

Hi Antix80,

thanks for the input and great to hear that you are happy with your set-up - I think the OP is looking for a new TV rather than updating an older model - the  OP is a regular Customer and he knows his stuff - but again thanks for the input..

@ T.W.A.T - on the 7100 V 7400 issue - it IS only for the kids room but the 7400 does have better motion processing so for gaming you will notice quite a bit of difference ....but again it's only the rugrats room ...;)

Thanks guys and keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    I know, I know. :) 

I'll get in touch soon. 

No worries T.w.a.T.

Drop us a PM when your ready.

• Advertisement

Hey Kenny, 

can you please put on aside one RU7400 for me, and I'll come and collect it tomorrow afternoon? 

Thanks.

Hey Kenny, 

can you please put on aside one RU7400 for me, and I'll come and collect it tomorrow afternoon? 

Thanks.
    Hey T.w.a.T.

Drop me over the first line of your address in a PM and I'll reserve it on your account for you to call in and collect later.

Hey Kenny, 

Thanks.
    Hey T.w.a.T.

Drop me over the first line of your address in a PM and I'll reserve it on your account for you to call in and collect later.
    PM send.  

Just a quick question,  do you have any of the Top range Yamaha's amps for demo , A-S 1000/1100, 2000/2100, 3000/? I have interest in some of them. 

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

Hi Antix80,

thanks for the input 
    Didn't even realise this was posted on a talk-to page. I just saw the discussion from the home screen. as you were

Hey Kenny, 

Thanks.
    Hey T.w.a.T.

PM send.  

Just a quick question,  do you have any of the Top range Yamaha's amps for demo , A-S 1000/1100, 2000/2100, 3000/? I have interest in some of them. 
    Hey T.w.a.t.

We wouldn't have the top Yamaha stereo amp in stock for demo.
    These are special order products and not held in stock.

They are only ordered as customer purchase them.

Hey T.w.a.t.

Thanks for your details but you have posted you full address and contact number on a public section of boards which means anyone could take down your details.

Is there anyway you can delete your visitors message to remove your personal information.

Ok, I fix the info, thanks.

Regarding the Yamaha amps,  which models you would have available in the shop? 

Ok, I fix the info, thanks.

Regarding the Yamaha amps,  which models you would have available in the shop? 
    No worries T.w.a.T

At the minute we have the following Yamaha stereo amps in stock:
    AS201
    RN301
    RN303
    RN602
    RN803
    RS202D

Thanks for the info. 
    Is there RN803 available in your demo room?

Thanks for the info. 
    Is there RN803 available in your demo room?
    Hey T.w.a.T.

It's not currently on display but if you wished to have a listen we can book you into the demo room and open one up for you to hear.

We try to have as much as possible on display but due to the size of our shop we are limited to the amount of stock we can display.

• Advertisement

If you don't have one RN803 open, don't worry, they're not my cup of tea anyway. Anything below AS1000 I'm not interested. :) 

If you don't have one RN803 open, don't worry, they're not my cup of tea anyway. Anything below AS1000 I'm not interested. :) 
    No worries T.w.a.T.

If we do get any of the higher versions into stock I'll keep you in mind and let you know.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.