Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** ALL ** Passport Queries take.two. **! Mod-note in post#1288

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

Thread closed. Will delete the irrelevant posts and reopen when all parties have calmed down a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

dory wrote: »
    Thread closed. Will delete the irrelevant posts and reopen when all parties have calmed down a bit.

Thread re-opened by me.
    Please read our forum charter before replying from here onwards.

Thanks,
    kerry4sam

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Have been invited to a function abroad which would mean flying out 19th July. My passport is out of date (3 years) I have heard online applications are quick. Could I chance it? I will be in Dublin next Thursday 12th. Would I get it faster online or going to office on 12th? Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Forever21

If applying online I’d do it today. First take yourself to passport photo shop @ get digital photos or to the photo booth in Tesco & you’ll get a code to put in when you’re uploading online. Otherwise see can you book an appointment online to go to passport office.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 smokedetector

butrasgali wrote: »
    I'm due to go to America in 4 weeks.with my wife and 2 kids...got my esta Visas sorted and just discovered that the date of birth is wrong on my daughters passport..(wrong month)we have flown 3 times with this in Europe...with the esta visas approved ..will I be ok
    Regards b

No, you should go an change it asap.
    If you are in foreign country and they found out your passport is not valid, you will have problems.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Moved from Information Security.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

I'd also be looking for a new Travel Agent

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭locustfurnace

As the title says, we have a 4 and 6 yr old and got their passports together, not realizing the younger ones passport is out of date since May thinking it was good till 2021.

Flying out of Cork on Weds to Spain but No where open to ring at present but anyone any advice or is it a lost cause?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭CH3OH

As the title says, we have a 4 and 6 yr old and got their passports together, not realizing the younger ones passport is out of date since May thinking it was good till 2021.

Flying out of Cork on Weds to Spain but No where open to ring at present but anyone any advice or is it a lost cause?

Thanks
    http://www.passportappointments.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

From the Dept Of Foreign Affairs website:

For travel emergencies outside of our office hours please call +353 1 408 2000

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,033 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Pkiernan wrote: »
    From the Dept Of Foreign Affairs website:

For travel emergencies outside of our office hours please call +353 1 408 2000

This is not an emergency! Death or serious illness is an emergency, oversight is not!!

OP can you delay your flights? The problem is that the passport office in Cork cannot print passports so you would need to get both parents and the child to Dublin tomorrow morning to have any chance

Caranica wrote: »
    This is not an emergency! Death or serious illness is an emergency, oversight is not!!

OP can you delay your flights? The problem is that the passport office in Cork cannot print passports so you would need to get both parents and the child to Dublin tomorrow morning to have any chance

Calm down .

He can still call the number and ask for advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,905 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Hope it works out for you OP, I cannot provide any advice but there is a passport office in Cork if that's any help.

I have an alert three months before our passports expire. I probably wouldn't realise when the expiry date is either, it's an easy thing to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,033 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Hope it works out for you OP, I cannot provide any advice but there is a passport office in Cork if that's any help.

The problem is they can't print passports in Cork. They don't have the technology. Passports are printed at two locations in Dublin.
    Calm down .

"For travel emergencies"

Caranica wrote: »
    The problem is they can't print passports in Cork. They don't have the technology. Passports are printed at two locations in Dublin.

"For travel emergencies"

Yawn

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

Hopefully you googled this last night shortly after you posted.

See https://www.dfa.ie/passports-citizenship/top-passport-questions/can-i-get-my-passport-today/
    A Pilot Rapid Renewal service has been introduced in the Passport Office in Knockmaun House, 42-47, Lower Mount Street, Dublin 2. This will facilitate where possible and by appointment only, the renewal of a passport for an Adult or Child Travelling in less than 3 working days. This service is available only through the Dublin office. If you wish to make an appointment for the Rapid Renewal Passport Service visit www.passportappointments.ie.

Sounds promising.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Long Turn

Submitted online application 8/7/19 at 5pm

Passport book despatched today.

Passpprt card is being printed.

Had a few problems uploading photo but fantastic service.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Yawn

You think that forgetting to check your child’s passport is an emergency?
    A travel emergency is your mother having a stroke and being on life support in France and you having no passport.
    The lines need to be kept free for genuine emergencies.
    Seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,656 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Calm down .

That number is specifically for travel emergencies so they won't assist. The standard helpline is for queries like that.

Applied for passport online Sat and got it yesterday. That is great service

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭Nothing surprises me now

My sister applied online yesterday (Thurs) at 1pm in my house (she doesn't have internet). I took her photo; it was accepted. She received it this morning in the post! Well done Passport Office. ðŸ˜

My sister applied online yesterday (Thurs) at 1pm in my house (she doesn't have internet). I took her photo; it was accepted. She received it this morning in the post! Well done Passport Office. ðŸ˜

We’ll soon have people on saying that the passport arrived the day before they renewed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,296 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

splinter65 wrote: »
    We’ll soon have people on saying that the passport arrived the day before they renewed it.

And still some people will leave it too late.

We’ll soon have people on saying that the passport arrived the day before they renewed it.[/quot

Your reply a bit silly; I am telling the truth regarding my sister applying yesterday and receiving it today. She wasn't waiting for it for an urgent trip. Merely stating we're all pretty quick to criticise but I like to praise where it's due!

We’ll soon have people on saying that the passport arrived the day before they renewed it.[/quot

Your reply a bit silly; I am telling the truth regarding my sister applying yesterday and receiving it today. She wasn't waiting for it for an urgent trip. Merely stating we're all pretty quick to criticise but I like to praise where it's due!

Ah Jasus I’m only joking! Delighted your sis got hers so quick especially as she came round to yours to apply.
    Only problem is now she’ll be sending all her neighbors and pals to yours to renew as your house is so quick!!!!
    You’ll have to charge!

Sorry Splinter, it's just she was so surprised to receive passport so quickly that she asked me to commend DFA. I too couldn't believe she got it so quickly; mind you she's nearly 70 so perhaps they thought every second counts!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭Bards

It's the children's passports that take an age... Really think they should be recommending 15 day average turnaround and not 10

• Registered Users Posts: 11,656 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Bards wrote: »
    It's the children's passports that take an age... Really think they should be recommending 15 day average turnaround and not 10

Wouldn't say they take an age but as they require consent that does take longer

• Advertisement

Sorry Splinter, it's just she was so surprised to receive passport so quickly that she asked me to commend DFA. I too couldn't believe she got it so quickly; mind you she's nearly 70 so perhaps they thought every second counts!!

Definitely commend them. That's why I did the same. There are enough bad news stories

Advertisement