Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

10-07-2019, 22:59   #1
Dummy

Metal Tealight Holder to attach to light wood

Hiya,

I am looking for metal tealight holders to attach to light wood with small nuts. The wood is too light to screw to.

The tealight holder would be at the end of a small arm that would pass through a small hole in the wood that could be secured with a nut on either side.

Has anyone seen like this?

Rgds,

D
Advertisement
11-07-2019, 01:29   #2
Rolllo

I'm not totally sure if I get what you're trying to do but maybe it's something you could fabricate yourself with brass rod, cut treads for the nuts with a tap and die kit and attach the tea-light cup to the other end with a rivet or something. B&Q sells brass rod and you can get tea-light cups here: https://www.turners-retreat.co.uk/tealight-cup/p1380
Thanks from:
11-07-2019, 19:49   #3
New Home

Or you could use Sugru.
Thanks from:
12-07-2019, 00:33   #4
Dummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolllo View Post
I'm not totally sure if I get what you're trying to do but maybe it's something you could fabricate yourself with brass rod, cut treads for the nuts with a tap and die kit and attach the tea-light cup to the other end with a rivet or something. B&Q sells brass rod and you can get tea-light cups here: https://www.turners-retreat.co.uk/tealight-cup/p1380
Brilliant !!

Thank you. This is exactly what I'm looking for. And all the better that it is in brass.

This is for a piece of furniture that I am making as a pressie for my wife & I wanted 2 candles / tealights coming from it, as you would have on the old pianos for reading the sheet music.

Thank you.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion